ARMY THREAD 26TH JUNE 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin's daughter-in-law grew up near Hermanus. I just remembered. They live in the Bahamas but she is planning a trip soon back to SA and take their 5-month old baby girl to meet the relatives. Whale watching sounds like fun. My parents, sister and husband and brother and boys went some years ago off the coast of Newfoundland. They didn't see any whales but they did get soaked to the skin..:H:H
    I was just on street-view outside the Canal Walk. On the map it notes the "Limnos Bakery". Limnos is a Greek island so I assume the owners are Greek.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Alrighty: I have to pop out for a bit. See ya later!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

stirly-girly;895376 wrote: My cousin's daughter-in-law grew up near Hermanus. I just remembered. They live in the Bahamas but she is planning a trip soon back to SA and take their 5-month old baby girl to meet the relatives. Whale watching sounds like fun. My parents, sister and husband and brother and boys went some years ago off the coast of Newfoundland. They didn't see any whales but they did get soaked to the skin..:H:H
        I was just on street-view outside the Canal Walk. On the map it notes the "Limnos Bakery". Limnos is a Greek island so I assume the owners are Greek.
        THere lots and lots of Greek immigrants in South Africa.

They are well-known for bakeries and corner cafes.

The Portuguese are known for being good greengrocers

Those are the stereotypes., at least...

Shopping centres and franchises have pretty much started killing off that way of life.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;895374 wrote: I surprised them the last time I took them, so I'm game this time round as well.

I'm extremely wobbly on the ice and will no doubt have a blue & black arse (again) as well as a busted knee (again) and walk around with stiff muscles (again), but its fun
          I went skating Christmas of 2008 with my son and his girlfriend. I was 56 at the time and hadn't skated since probably around 1980, so it was almost 30 years since I'd been on skates. I surprised myself and managed not to fall and even get up to a pretty good pace even tho' the skates weren't the type I was used to. Son took a few falls and we all had a good laugh. I gave him a few pointers about corners and such cause I think he had only skated a few times since we left Canada in 1983. It was great fun and even tho' I was the oldest person skating, I think I had more fun than anybody...

Comment

stirly-girly;895380 wrote: I went skating Christmas of 2008 with my son and his girlfriend. I was 56 at the time and hadn't skated since probably around 1980, so it was almost 30 years since I'd been on skates. I surprised myself and managed not to fall and even get up to a pretty good pace even tho' the skates weren't the type I was used to. Son took a few falls and we all had a good laugh. I gave him a few pointers about corners and such cause I think he had only skated a few times since we left Canada in 1983. It was great fun and even tho' I was the oldest person skating, I think I had more fun than anybody...
            OK: type out basic instructions and send urgently!!!

See you laters, Stirly
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And yeah baby: keep it up!!! I like the energy!!! :H:H:H
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Bye, Tips. Am off myself. Have to go stock up the larder and see what will be on the menu at Stirly's Diner for the weekend.

Where are all the Army girls today.... lazy lot they are today... I think this is what they're all up to...

Comment

Good Morning Mario, Johnny, Tip, and Stirly and everyone yet to come .........

Lazy morning for me, just on my 2nd coffee and taking my daughter to her ballet lesson........... have a great day everyone ......

BB xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Morning..I had a lie in this morn....Off to the Family Fun Day here in the town with the kids and Tigger...
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Finally get some time on the computer and every one's fecked off :upset:
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi di ho JC, just on for a quick lurk. You recover from your trip?

Excuse the manners, hello Army.

Comment

Hi Opes,
                          Back in Belfast and flying home tomorrow. Caught a stinking cold so I've got a big red hooter. Going up to Bangor this afternoon.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi JC, Opals - aww JC still have that cold?

Comment

yep, wanna
                              Didn't make the dart or the duck tour.:upset:

Kind folk kept offering me a wee Bushmills to see me right (I think not)
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ach ya poor thing. Don't think I've ever been to Bangor. Carrick a reed rope bridege is good if its open and your up for heights. Mind you the last time we went it was followed by a trip to the Bushmills factory.
                                Hello Wanna.

I swear to god this child can hear me type, he starts every time...........................

Comment

Working...
                                X