Found out my daughter has had sex!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have said 100 times I wish I could give them injections that keep them little......
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

britt im so proud of you girl .. you are an awesome mom
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I found out earlier this year that my daughter had sex with her boyfriend... she was almost 16.

I almost died. She has been on the pill for a couple of years to help with her periods and she 'claims' they use condoms...

She has been with this boy for over 2 years now, and is 16.5. I guess I should be grateful she isn't sleeping around like a lot of the kids in her high school.

I still have a hard time digesting it!

We have a wonderful, open relationship. I am grateful for that. I am so, very happy she can talk to me about anything.

One thing is that I am proud I didn't freak out. If I were drinking at the time I would have!

I know what you are going through, Brit.

I always have to remember that I was in a long term relationship when I was 16. Very sexually active with him and very much in love.

Comment

Hey Brittzak good to see you. I raised two sons, by the time they reached age 16 I was putting condoms in their christmas stockings. It was good for a laugh and a way to open up to talk. Since you asked for advice the one thing I would say is to get that boy over for Sunday dinner and a few evenings a week. See how the two of them react around one another and then you will be able to tell if this sexual interlude is somewhat serious or if it's more of an act of freedom/rebellion. My biggest concern would be STD's in kids that age. Sure he says he's wearing a condom but horny young boys aren't always the most trustworthy and since your daughter is on birth control he could say anything to her to get a bareback ride.

If you get a sense that they are not a "committed" couple, (even at this young age they should be exclusively dating one another if they are having sex) I would take the opportunity to do some education about STD's to your daughter. Just my .02 and best of luck I know how worrying this can be! xo beth
          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

I feel for you too. I have a son who is almost 16 and I can't tell you how much trouble I am having letting go of the control I have had over the boys. I know I need to let go and trust that he won't do the same stupid shit his dad and I did in our youth (not with each other:H).
            Ugh! The thought of our babies having sex??!?!?
            Sounds like you handled it well. I need to have a serious talk with my son ASAP and listen a lot and tell him how I feel about it.
            This parenting thing sure has its ups and downs, huh?

Best wishes on this!:l:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

B.....sorry to hear that. You do what you can do as a parent, teach your kids the best you can.....but ultimently...the kids will have to make their own decesions. Hope you can pull through this......at least they had protection. IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

The age gets younger every year. She is 16 and a half. SUCKS cause she is my baby, but ...it happens. I didnt wanna freak to much because I want her to feel comfortable with me.
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                X