ARMY THREAD 27th June 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spudsy, life is ALWAYS worth the next day. We don't know what it will bring. I'll be dragged out kicking and screaming, and my world is NOT as posh as many think. Like the country song, 'We all want to go to heaven, we just don't want to go now.'
    Keep posting, drop the drink. You need to be really in control right now. Congratulations on the course. The right way to go!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

limers;896585 wrote: thanks Oney, yes im very worried.
      Limers, I can only imagine what you are going thru..I am dreading that part of my life..
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Limers - I dont have kids so I cant talk from experience but I can imagine it feels like shit when you see him wasting his life. The good thing is that at 17 he can still turn it all around and resit exams. Would he sit down and talk to you like an adult about what he wants to do?
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Limers, we have lots of 'Outdoor Therapeutic Camps' here for boys like him. SIL used to be a counselor at one. When he met son's girls, he was enthralled, cause he said he was used to kids saying 'F U, J.R.!'
          They send the kids to the wilderness, in camps, to live off the land. (They're never in danger) There are also boot camps, like the military, where they have tough drill sargents. Just a thought.
          I can't imagine what you're going through, and I'm so sorry. I AM blessed with my kids. You're in my prayers, honey.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

chillgirl;896592 wrote: Limers - I dont have kids so I cant talk from experience but I can imagine it feels like shit when you see him wasting his life. The good thing is that at 17 he can still turn it all around and resit exams. Would he sit down and talk to you like an adult about what he wants to do?
            yes, weve a good relationship most of the time but he will ALWAYS do what he wants. I really think i need to start policing him , its just too important, its next yr that are the important exams so this yr starting from sep is very important. I need to lead by example, and be readty to go whenever I need to, 3 am, 4 am whenever, its great progress that husbo agrees with me, really, that in itself is quite amazing.

Comment

mr spuds john has more poxfecking (sorry i love that word) projects than most people would dream of. the latest vision (which has started with us carrying buckets of soil) is turning some land at the back into a ??? spa???? thingy.jacuzzi, endless swim pool sauna, turkish and showers etc. now if i didnt know him i would say bollocks but he has built conservatory and bits onto the house, loads of ponds and loads of other stuff. think hes feeling sorry for himself cos hes not as young as he was and cant do as much... who feckng cares.. thats why he has a young bird labourer (me, yeh i can do buckets of earth too, no wonder i need my jiggy massage machine) o bugger bugger poo quack
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

rubywillow;896594 wrote: Limers, we have lots of 'Outdoor Therapeutic Camps' here for boys like him. SIL used to be a counselor at one. When he met son's girls, he was enthralled, cause he said he was used to kids saying 'F U, J.R.!'
                They send to the kids to the wilderness, in camps, to live off the land. (They're never in danger) There are also boot camps, like the military, where they have tough drill sargents. Just a thought.
                I can't imagine what you're going through, and I'm so sorry. I AM blessed with my kids. You're in my prayers, honey.
                thanks Rubes, I dont think we have here but we need them!

Comment

well spuddle,im sure some of it must be drink talk with an elemant of truth but what can we do other than get up each day and do our best...I dunno.

Comment

Very clever poxface...

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

HI

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hiya Mario x

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOqyygAQSX0[/video]]YouTube - Andrew Gold - Thank You For Being A Friend

this is for you Wanna :l
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

hi Mario, how you?

Comment

Working...
                            X