broke down bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broke down bad

Man did I blow it yesterday. 3 days AF and an old friend asked me to help him put up hay. No problem. Until we were done. It was 92 with a heat index of 101, then the coolers oopened up and after 8 hours of slinging 80 pound hay bails, every bit of my resistance went right out the window and I must have drank a whole case. I know we have all had slip ups but boy do I feel like a loser today. What's even worse, I dont even have a hangover and I woke up wanting another beer. When is the madness going to end?

broke down bad

That's up to you, nobody. You pick when it ends. You know that.

Here's 2 threads for you to look over.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Nobody, stay hydrated, don't let yourself get too hungry or over tired. It weakens your resolve. Stay busily distracted today, right?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

broke down bad

It happens. Next time, think the scenario through ahead of time, so when the first cooler opens, you hit the road!Yes, that's a tough one, but 1's too many and 1,000 aren't enough. Go to the TOOLS in Long Term Abstainers thread, read them all. Plan out each event that can trip you up. Locate your triggers. If this was easy, honey, everybody would do it. But read on here. If others could do it, so can you. Hang on, drink LOTS of water today. I have a cousin who carries iced tea in his hand every waking hour!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

broke down bad

Nobody...we have all done that a squillion times.......dust off and start over
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

broke down bad

Hello "Nobody" - you worked hard all day and you thought you would reward yourself, nothing wrong with that, only thing is you didn't reward yourself, you poisoned yourself - that's bizarre to say the least.

But we all done it and there comes a "click" moment, I hope this is your "click" moment.

I work in IT and a common saying we have when a problem arises is "the problem is between chair and keyboard" so it cannot be solved in the usual way, however we deal with the problem in a patient manner and train the user so the problem doesn't arise again.

You always have a choice "Nobody" no matter what, its always you who chooses to pull the cap off the bottle, lift your arm and bring it to your mouth, no matter what the situation is it's always your choice.

Next time bring your own cool drinks in a freeze bag and drink it with the lads when you are finished work and make your early departure while the others make themselves sick and talk BS.

Good luck in your journey and don't forget, its always your choice.

Comment

broke down bad

Nobody jump back in here and start again, use the tools here put a plan into place for next time as there are always next times & excuses for drinking.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

broke down bad

Walking into day 4

And taking nothing for granted. It is interesting because last night, although it is hard to sleep, a felt relatively good.
              Going to start a picture this morning and then hit the gym.
              Peace.
              I can do this.

Comment

broke down bad

Sorry Nobody I didn't mean to post the above message here.
                I can well imagine how you feel and might make you think 'why bother?'
                Do bother. We all falter, just move through it.

Comment

broke down bad

Hi Nobody (that's a sad name!)

I'm there with you today. I blew 45 days of sobriety yesterday because of a bbq. Look at this awful hangover and this guilty low feeling you have as a big POSITIVE. I've had some really good advice from lovely people over on my thread today and it really made me feel better about myself.

I cannot believe how bad this hangover is because I used to drink everyday and never did I feel this awful. I feel truly poisoned today and am hoping that this will serve as a reminder of where I don't ever want to be again.

I hope that's how you can look at it :l
                  AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                  One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

broke down bad

the day you really commit to it is all in your hands ..rememeber life will alwys have ups and downs ... but its all in the way you want to handle them ..and the next time you throwing hay bring your own cooler of water be perpaired...always on your guard
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

broke down bad

Man, that was a tough situation for sure. Thats how I always screw up, is when I am in the position that makes it really hard to say No. I once got 30 days though, and I was in the exact same positions that I am in now, bartending. So I guess its just when we are really ready for it perhaps? Just dont give up, thats the worst thing you can do. Keep trying and come here often for support.
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

broke down bad

Nobody - I second the advice on next time. Bring your own cold water, gatorade, something. This early on especially, I'd add have it the truck, get in and drive away.

Certain situations go hand in hand. Hot days (I'm in Texas) doing outdoor activities or work - that spelled cold beer to me too. At this time last year I'd drink beer with my horse after I got done riding (that looks funny written down). Now I'm happy to say, a big jug of ice water or Gatorade, a healthy snack - I look forward to it, it's way healthier. I worried a little when I was first sober about summer for that reason, but after 10 months AF, it is now a non issue.

You know this is a big obvious one. Get back up, start over but always find what the lesson was, what you can do different next time, and what plans (more than one is good) you can have in place, and then follow through every time. Without a plan we are on autopilot.

Good luck, get your tool box ready, and go for it!
                        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

broke down bad

Green eyes. Well put "you pick when it ends".

Very true.

Nobody - You have a choice. You can end this. remember how you feel today.

Comment

broke down bad

Nobody-You were extremely dehydrated. The cooler didn't have anything but beer. It's like you were in the desert and came upon an oasis. I'm not saying you didn't have any control-you could have left, you could have asked for water instead. I'm just saying that you need to be so aware of what is going on with your body and so aware of what your triggers are.
                            The tool box is the place for you right now so you can get a plan in place that will cover most situations. You have to be aware of HALT-Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired- but in this case I would add and extra T for Thirsty.
                            Use this as a learning experience so you will be prepared next time.
                            :l
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

broke down bad

Nobody - Hydration is a big enemy of sobriety, but might I also venture a guess that the friend you helped bail hay was also an old drinking buddy? In these early days you might want to think about situations with old friends, and what the likelihood is of drinking becoming part of the time you spend with them. I found that in the early days of my abstinence I had to avoid certain social situations until I had enough days sober under my belt. Now I feel confident enough in myself to go out with friends without taking a drink, however if I ever doubt my ability to abstain I will stay home. Self preservation.

Anyway take care of yourself and tomorrow's another day!
                              While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X