Intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intervention

I realize I talk too much here, but this is important. Tomorrow, Monday, at 9 PM EST, the new season of Intervention begins on A&E. After that, theres a new Obsession, people with OCD, etc., problems. Just saying, these are powerful TV viewing.
    Tomorrow's premiere on Intervention is about a mother training her son to be an alcoholic. Calls him her 'drinking buddy'.
    It's horrible to think about being so publicly exposed, but some people here MIGHT want to think of it as a possibility. If you can stand the exposure, there are GREAT means of help out there. I know I'd do it if I needed. My daughter once said she'd considered it. It means to me someone loves me.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Intervention

Hi Ruby,
    I love that show, I just set my DVR to record Intervention and Obsessed. They're both good reminders.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Intervention

Intervention does not work, in general.
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Intervention

I do love that show and think it brings up many interesting issues ... but, like Janka, I wonder, what's the chance of success if the subject is denying they have a problem and basically sort of blackmailed into going into treatment ... hmmmm ...
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Intervention

Yes, but this is one of those life destroying addictions, that if an intervention only helps 3 in 100, was it worth it?

I have seen those who were forced into AA against their wills, kicking and screaming and today sober for years.

It does happen.

Just not often enough.

I hope the search continues.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Intervention

I agree. If it works for one person then so be it. It is another person that has been given the gift of sobriety.

Comment

Intervention

Ruby,
              What did you think of the show last night? Its so sad when they get through 90 days and end up back into their addictions. I do love the show though. I watched Obssession last night as well. I can only imagine their pain trying to deal with that.

Comment

Intervention

interestin remark

janka;897658 wrote: Intervention does not work, in general.
                hi rubes,xcellent thread,janka im not gonna pik on you,an intervention like treatment is an alternative whether it works o r not is irrelivent,it all comes down to the person and what they want,sobriety is an option,just like drunkeness,i watched the show lastnt ,it was interesting in a way,when youve been doin this soberthing as long as i have,i watch shows like that one,and i find it hard to have feelings for them,im a true beleiver until youve been in treatment,and ive been in and out of AA for years,if one keeps indulging the way i do,youve committeds yourself to a slow death sentence,whether you stop completely or moderate,nothing like seeing a friend die from alchoholism poisoning,hav a great day gyco by the way the mother went back,she was a hard case,she let what happened in her past,when she can let that go,she mite change,easier said then done,yes,it was not the alchohol,it was the abuse she sustained gyco

Comment

Intervention

I cannot get this in Ireland but used towatch it all the time on youtube, just checked agin this morn and realised I have not seen ALL of season 8...so that will be my viewing for the next week or so.

Anyone outside the US, you can watch this show on Youtuvbe...just type in Intervention A&E and the names will come up...

Thanks for the reminder Rubers!
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Intervention

Yes, I watched the shows. Not every case works, but the son is doing well, of the two, and as Gy pointed out, the mother has deep-rooted wounds from her past. Statistically, a huge number of female alcoholics have sexual trauma in their past. I don't have the answers. No one does, but I continue the search, and treasure this place and everyone who comes here, whether they like me or not! This is about helping, surviving, growing. This place is like part of my family, and families don't always get along anyway.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Intervention

No one has all the answers to addiction. For some, AA works, for others Rehab works for some of this we found the keys at MWO. Intervention works for some, and not for others. I believe the real KEY is wanting to Stop more than Wanting to Drink.
                      It is true, that many female addicts and alcoholics are victims of sexual trauma and abuse. But, even this can be overcome. I know this, because this happened to me. It took decades to finally let go of all of that horror, but I did it and it can be done. No one needs to feel hopeless!
                      And yes Ruby, I agree with you, this place is about helping ourselves and helping others and I am very grateful for MWO and all those here who are fighting to break free!
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Intervention

janka;897658 wrote: Intervention does not work, in general.
                        janka,
                        I disagree whole heartedly..
                        if I hadn't had an intervention to stop my drinking, I would've lost my baby son forever....

only because I had the intervention by the social services taking my child,
                        did I wake up and realise what the hell I was doing was wrong...
                        and only by stopping drinking would I ever have a chance to have him back..
                        and to be quite honest they were so right to have done so,
                        coz I was in no shape to have been looking after him,
                        no matter that I was drinking without realising it was out of control
                        or for why I was taking refuge in a bottle, I could not see that..
                        and they made me see what I was doing..
                        I am so grateful to them now..
                        I hated them to death at first...
                        and it's all because of the f'ing alcohol...it is pure evil...........

yes interventions are a GOOD thing.......:goodjob:
                        they are done by people who care...
                        and can see the good in a person & can see the damage that the person is doing to themselves
                        without even realising it themselves, coz they are not in a straight frame of mind...

it is not by people who wish to persecute and blackmail you...

ok thats my two pennys worth........

Comment

Intervention

WELL SAID Jan xxx
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                          X