1 year AF!! who's still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Sorry I haven't posted for about a year now, but I celebrated 1 year AF on June 20th!!!!! I started by coming to this site everyday and I have done well. I just wanted to thank everyone here. I haven't gone through the treads, but I hope some of the same people are still here, Rodeorose, Dill, Peanut, 1morechance, Choppersmom, Lavande, SDLovesPackers, Lilmea??? I hope every one is having a great day!!
    Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Well done for your one year AF Strawman. That's a fantastic achievement.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Bravo Strawman....Lavande is still around!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Congratulations on your 1 year of sobriety! :goodjob:
        Your 2nd year will bring you even greater rewards and sense of serenity...
        it just keeps getting better & better
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Thanks for your support, sounds like you all are doing well. I'm feeling great today, now if I can get through all my paperwork for month end at work, I"ll be doing even better. "one hour at a time" Glad to hear Lavande is still hanging around. I had some deer wander through and sample my garden over the weekend. I had to put up the "Jurassic Park" fence to keep them out. Now...it's not that I don't like them, I'll even give them they're own space if they want to grow their own, just stay out of mine!

Comment

Awesome! Well done! 1 year!

Comment

Hi All

Congrats Straw on the 1 year!!! Great to see the hard work pay off for another member.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08

Comment

Hello Straw we haven't met but wanted to applaud you on your remarkable milestone!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Strawman, HELLO!!! Thanks so much for coming by and sharing that!!!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Congratulations Strawman. What a fantastic achievement. I'm just kinda starting out and I hope I can achieve what you have. Well done.
                    "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

congratulations strawman well done,

Can you give us some info how it went for you as it might help others here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

It's A great day to be AF!

Thanks-Greeneyes good to see your toes again!! I hope all is well with you.
                        Johnny, Hang it there, you can do it!! If I can get through it, you can too. It does get better everyday, You just have to turn your thinking around and stay busy! Busy hands are sober hands I started using the money I wasted on drinking, towards stuff that made happy, treat yourself, you deserve it!! I'm feeling great today..and I'm enjoying the feeling, which is something I never did while I was drinking. If I can help you get through it in any way, please let me know. Been there, done it. Keep reading the threads here, and get involved. I get on here and ramble, as you can tell, and it helps me get my feelings out.
                        KEEP IT UP.... GO Johnny GO !!!!!!!!! :goodjob::wave:

Comment

Well done Strawman, I hope that'll be my story in a years time!
                          AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Working...
                          X