Glad It Wasn't Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad It Wasn't Me

So my boss came in this morning in somewhat of a panic, saying she's going to quit drinking. I asked her if she was okay, and she proceeds to tell me her story. Apparently she was at a party last night with an open bar (and she LOVES to drink)...anyway, she remembers the first 5 drinks, but after that it's all a blur. She thinks she was being inappropriate and talking about things she shouldn't have been. She woke up this morning and saw how many drunk texts she had sent (to the wrong people, nonetheless), also a conversation she has no recollection of. Now she's in serious "damage control" mode, trying to find out what she said and to who...

I am so, so, so glad those days are over for me. That is the WORST feeling in the world. I sympathize with her, and hope this will be a wake up call for her. I've been worried about her for a while now. Especially after one of our colleagues just died at age 35 from alcoholism, my boss began wondering about her own drinking. Hopefully this will make her wake up. Sometimes shame and embarrassment is our biggest motivation for quitting, I know it was for me!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Glad It Wasn't Me

did you yell her about MWO???
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

K9, a lovely young woman is now (Atlanta) facing an unknown future, because she recently hit and killed a Designated Driver of a group of friends. She was 3 times over the limit in our state. Her actions have torn apart 2 families, and forever altered their paths. I CRINGE when I think about my drinking in the past. God had his hand on me!!!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

Gee 9 I'm so glad you're AF and doing well. Is there too much pressure where you work that's contributing to all these alcohol issues?
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

my thoughts are with you k9, you have been surrounded with this disease for so long, and yet stayed so strong. Can you tell her about Mwo or would that be an invasion for you? Xxx
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

Hi Techie,
            I don't think we are overly stressed, we have government jobs, and the joke is that "If you work for the City, you don't work very hard".

Maybe it's because we live in a small community, and life pretty much revolves around BBQ's, hanging out at small festivals, picnics, and of course, drinking. I just don't know. I can't believe it's more prevelant here than anywhere else, it just seems like the last couple weeks have been BAD. I am thankful that my resolve is growing stronger daily!

And to answer Mama and Girlie's question, I don't feel comfortable referring her to MWO, just want to keep it my private place...if that makes sense. I'll help her any other way I can though.

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

Oh I was thinking for sure keep your privacy. If she happens to find it herself, thats one thing, but you dont need your personal business out there for her. In all likelyhood shes probably not ready to stop, im just assuming, I could be wrong.
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

it was me in that position k9 I'd be keeping mwo to myself. Sometimes we have to think of number one, and this place has been a godsend for you and your private feelings xx
                The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

I just feel so bad for her today because she's still in panic mode, and thinking of leaving early today. I know she brought it on herself, but lord knows I've been there too (in fact one night I was talking to her on Facebook and said things I shouldn't have....)

By the way Girly, you are one pretty lady! You have beautiful eyes and skin Keep up your good work on the AF days :h

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

Hiya all,

Well, i hope your boss finds her path K9. Sober life rock's! It's all in our thinking, and perceptions, i reckon.

And i agree. You are very beautiful Girly, as are all the women here. Sure makes logging on that little bit more motivating.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

Hi K9,
                      I know what your boss is going through and I too am glad it isn't me.

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

I cringed just reading your post K9.
                        Good Lord, have I been there.
                        I hope the poor woman chooses dignity and grace for her future.
                        I think it takes a while to rebuild our credibility, but I'm sure it can happen.
                        I hope so anyway.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

I agree, manys a time I would send stupid texts - life ruiner's.
                          Not so sure about the decision regarding not letting her know about MWO, its for everyone who needs help, absolutely everyone, no exclusions

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

wannachange;897593 wrote: I agree, manys a time I would send stupid texts - life ruiner's.
                            Not so sure about the decision regarding not letting her know about MWO, its for everyone who needs help, absolutely everyone, no exclusions
                            i agree but i'm not sure i would want a business associate of mine accessing my post/thread history. if someone i know knew i was on this site they could id my alias just by reading my story. just has a creep factor to it. maybe its just me!?
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad It Wasn't Me

I do agree with Wanna that it is for everyone, but if I told her about it, I feel like I'd have to explain my situation. As far as they know, I'm just trying to "get in shape"...which is true, but that's actually just a bonus of being sober. Also, IF I told her, I would definitely change all of my info...

I honestly don't think she's ready (but that's not for me to say I guess). She's already talking about how she just won't drink in public anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X