Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

girly's progress

hi all.

despite drinking lastnight i have made alot of progress in the last four days. friday i went to see the therapist and was put on a 6 week waiting list for therapy for my anxiety, depression and panic attacks. he gave me the number of an alcohol helpline, who i rang yesterday and are putting me on a 2 week waiting list to start a recovery programme, best part is, its confidential and doesn't go on my medical records. today i visited the doctor and was prescribed new meds to treat anxiety and depression. it's called trazodone hydrochloride. anyone got any experince of this? i took one at 10 am this morning and felt dizzy then slept all afternoon, but the leaftlet says this should subside after a little while. anyone had experince of this drug?? any advice to give? after visiting the doctors, i finally went to the health store and bought kudzu, l- glut and milk thistle and ive taken all 3 today.

i suppose the good thing is too that i'm not taking any deadly drugs that i could mix with al anymore, i.e antabuse and morphine. i'm going to do my very best to abstain, but if i was to drink with them , the worst thing is that it escelates the effects of alcohol, rather than dicing with death like i was. i don't plan to drink but this makes me feel alot safer. i've also been reading on wikipedia that the new drug helps with alcohol cravings, but we'll see.

i think i may just have done enough to give myself a fighting chance folks.......

:b&d:
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

girly's progress

Good Luck Girly

Clearly this is a fight that most of use cannot win on our own and seeking help is not only a brave thing to do but it is the smart move.

You will be in my thoughts Girly. Keep on believing my friend. We will get there together.

Johnny
    "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

girly's progress

I have no experience with that drug, but bet that no alcohol, some sleep and supplements will all help you begin to feel much better. You already sound better in your post. I know that everyone here is in your corner. Good luck to you!

Comment

girly's progress

That's great news Girly I'm glad you're getting yourself sorted.

I felt really sleepy on my first few days of Anti D's so I should think that's totally normal. Not heard of your one though.

You're sounding really positive and enthusiastic which is the main thing
        AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
        One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

girly's progress

GW, great news from you. We're in your corner in this fight. Sucks you have to wait so long, but you're being proactive in the meantime, and that's what it REALLY takes. Hang in there, girl.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

girly's progress

Oh thank heavens Girly. We are all here for you and you scared the crap out of us a few days ago!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

girly's progress

mama bear;898183 wrote: Oh thank heavens Girly. We are all here for you and you scared the crap out of us a few days ago!!!
              i know momma, i'm sorry. i'm lucky to have you all xx
              The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

girly's progress

also been for a short walk today too! feel better already. off to sit in the garden with my hubby, some playing cards and some nice cold lemonade!

Comment

girly's progress

sounds nice.....you are lucky to have him....and of course he is lucky to have you!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

girly's progress

Best of luck with the new med Girly. I hope this works for you. You're never far from my mind...John
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

girly's progress

Hi girly,
                      Glad to see that you're making a great headway with your problems. I adored my key worker with the Al team here in Newcastle and still speak to him even now after 4 years.
                      Please, please be brutally honest with the team, it will be nothing they have not heard before and have probably heard and seen much,much worse believe me. It means they have a head start with your treatment and can start a program to suit you straight away.

J x
                      :l
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

girly's progress

morning all!

day 2, woke up feeling good, despite my back pain, but i don't have a hangover, guilt and anxiety and that feels sooo good!

my little jobs for today.... take my meds, sort my washing out and go for a short walk.

Comment

girly's progress

Hey Girly, Great to hear you sounding better. I was really worried about you but it sounds like you've got a plan to put into action now. Glad they fasttracked you to receive help as well.

You're a star. Keep fighting the good fight. You can do it. YOu know it.
                          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

girly's progress

thanks johnny. i had a letter from the mental health team and that 6 week waiting list has turned into two. my appointment is the 7th of july. chuffed to bits about that!

Comment

girly's progress

Absolutely. Not long to go!!! I really wish you all the best with this Girly. I hope you will find YOUR way out and will be set up with tools for life.
                              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X