7 Day No Wine Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Day No Wine Diet

Now that summer time has arrived, so has the almost daily drinking returned. What is up with that ? Warm beautiful days are a trigger ? It's been too hot out to drink tea at the witching hour. I would welcome any suggestions for a great summer time NON AL DRINK.

I was going to start a 30 day thread, but I always fail those threads as soon as the weekend arrives. So I thought a 7 day thread would be more realistic, and this would get me right through the 4th of July weekend with no wine.

I'm so looking forward to a sober 4th of July. Anyone wish to join me ?

The 7 Day No Wine Diet
    Miss October :blinkylove:

7 Day No Wine Diet

great idea. i actually enjoy tonic water (no gin or vodka, just lots of ice and lemon). i find putting 'stuff' in drinks, like fruit or mint or something can just make them a bit special... oh and drinking through a straw of course. i never really liked the taste of AL it was all for the effect for me so that helps. im sure there will be some great suggestions for AF drinks
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

Thanks Spuddleduck and Sheri,

I think I might try the tonic water with lime. I'm not a soda drinker....too bubbly, and I have been drinking plenty of water with lemon already. Sheri, I'm going to google your suggestion. Anything right now sounds good.

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

Miss October;899023 wrote: Thanks Spuddleduck and Sheri,

I think I might try the tonic water with lime. I'm not a soda drinker....too bubbly, and I have been drinking plenty of water with lemon already. Sheri, I'm going to google your suggestion. Anything right now sounds good.
        hello miss O

I'll join you in a 7 day challenge. I'll throw it on top of the 7 I am achieving today. Knudsen's makes spritzer's that are sweetened with fruit juices and are very tasty. They just launched an organic line that does have evaporated cane juice in them and they are absolutely fabulous!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

I'm very partial to a rock shandy with lots of ice.

And I think people who say its taboo because the concentrated bitters contains AL are silly, because it's so diluted in the end (as in 0.0001%)
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

Just offering my support on the 7 Day Challenge...you can count me in too

Anyone ever tried Milk & Pepsi? I was watching reruns of LaVerne & Shirley and that was LaVerne's favorite....I'm thinking it probably tastes like Rootbeer? I'll have to try it one day, if I'm feeling adventurous.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

K9Lover;899215 wrote: Just offering my support on the 7 Day Challenge...you can count me in too

Anyone ever tried Milk & Pepsi? I was watching reruns of LaVerne & Shirley and that was LaVerne's favorite....I'm thinking it probably tastes like Rootbeer? I'll have to try it one day, if I'm feeling adventurous.
              In South Africa we call it a "brown cow" - it's delicious
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

Throwing in my support here too guys!!
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

I'm in too .... Slimline tonic and lime for me
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

tiptronic_ct;899216 wrote: In South Africa we call it a "brown cow" - it's delicious
                    Well now I'm wishing I hadn't given my Pepsi away at a BBQ last weekend...guess I'll have to go to the store AGAIN...I'm becoming a regular at the grocery store, like I used to be at the Liquor store. I guess I could go to the Liquor store and just buy Pepsi, that would really throw the guy for a loop. LOL
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

Chinotto is the soft drink I prefer. It's Italian and tastes like a very ropey red vermouth.
                      Coca-Cola markets it in Australia under the brand 'Bisleri'...available in most supermarkets here. I prefer it to other soft drinks because it's not as fizzy or sweet. It also tastes like it might be the real thing. Worth a go I reckon.

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

I like fresh lemonade with ginger. I make it in the morning so that it has all day for the ginger to infuse the lemonade, and to chill. Very nice on a hot summer evening. Also, as the days are longer, try taking walk after diner, really helps take the curb off the evening wine cravings.
                        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

7 Day No Wine Diet

Happy July 1st !! I love the first of the month as it is always filled with new hope. Thank YOU ALL for your support and suggestions. I think if I try all of the suggestions I will end up with a stomach ache

I already have my AL free drinks ready for tonight and tomorrow night. It's called a "FUZE" Refresh and the flavor is peach-melon. Looks real tasty.

I also plan on logging in to MWO all weekend for support. Thanks again everyone for all your responses :l

Comment

Working...
                          X