Underoos Friends-July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends-July

mmm quite. How you doing?? What's the anniversay??
    I was just thinking about the issue with the customer at work today...my colleague is an alkie. Sober for 2 yrs now but she said today after getting off the phone "maybe I spoke to her & just can't remember" she knows she's done permanent damage to her brain after many years of abuse. I get that sometimes...did I do that, did I call that person back etc Imagine how good I'd be if I used ALL of my brain??
    Anyway, side note, my mate at work is a happy healthy hilarious woman...loving her 'boring' life as she calls it. I get her.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Just a quick fly by to say hi give hugs to those who need it and thanks as ever for the chuckles
      mwah!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Angel - haven't got a clue what anniversary I'm having but I'll just sit back and wait for the accolades and loving messages to pour in and then I'll wait three days before coming out and making a shaky but heartfelt acceptance thank you couldn't have done it without you love you all type speech. Yes. That's my plan.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

tawnyfrog;916568 wrote: Angel - haven't got a clue what anniversary I'm having but I'll just sit back and wait for the accolades and loving messages to pour in and then I'll wait three days before coming out and making a shaky but heartfelt acceptance thank you couldn't have done it without you love you all type speech. Yes. That's my plan.
          Start writing, Mulchy :l
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Okay, long post coming up!

Firstly, thanks to Beagle, who has been my own private vet this afternoon. Betty-Puss now has a smile on her face after being a grumpy old sour-puss all week. Thanks Beagle, and hoping you are enjoying your bloke free evening!!!

And secondly - great to have PinkAngel and Timetochangenow pop in! Stick around!!

The incipient plan is being put into place. Tracked down the contract today, and there appears to be no major issues with us saying "no dice". Have been in contact with co-author and we will talk when she gets settled. I've written her a long letter talking about why I want to do this, what our options are, and the fact that I am prepared to wear all the consequences. Wont send it until we have had a chance to at least email. There is also a possibility that she may feel over the moon about my decision!!

I cant tell you how grateful I am to you all. I've sort of been thinking about this for about two months, and feeling trapped and really unhappy. Have been talking to Mr B about it and on the weekend sometime he sent me a blog that had the title "Dying Inside Is No Way To Live". Having started o put things in train today, I'm feeling a little bitt lighter about finding a way forward. Still lots to do though.

Some other things that people have mentioned:
            • Fickle - I have a lousy manager - I'm self-employed!!
            Angel - loved the "dont wanna be superwoman anymore" comment. Mine is a variation on that - "cant let anyone know that I dont know something". I have to lose that."

(oh damn the list thing seems to have gone .....)

Tawny - took your comments in the spirit in which they were intended. :l But no, my priorities have changed. Completing this book will not feel like an accomplishment. Completing my triathlon this summer, and enjoying life again will. I love the satisfaction of achieving my goals - but I am no longer motivated by this particular one. I may lose some kudos and reputation ... but the way my body feels at the moment (like it might pack in either physically or emotionally) that is the least of my worries.

I was trying to find a thread that I had printed off at the beginning of this year and had a look at again today, but i cant find it. It was a post from Irish eyes on 19 November 2009 entitled "Loving Yourself". I really responded to the concept that loving yourself includes being responsible for your own emotional well-being.

Blah, blah, blah ... feel like I've sort taken over this thread with my issues over the last 48 hours.

Thanks!
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Sounds like you've reached an excellent decision, Missy.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Hello people.
                I'm at the end of day 2. This is incredible for me. My poison is vodka. I can down it in bucketloads. I got shakey this morning and started to post a little. I cant think of the issues I"ll have to deal with doing this but for now I know I'll make night 2 and that I can deal with now.

Missy. Sounds like you are making some big decisions. Ican offer no advice at all. Any advice from me would be shite... so do what others tell you or do what your gut tells you... either option would be better advice than I could give.

You can call me T.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Hello T.
                  I think you might be selling yourself a little short there, but I do understand exactly how you feel at the moment.
                  So for now it's just great to have you here, and I hope you'll stick around.
                  Bridget :welcome:
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Hello T, welcome from Ireland. Good on ya for giving this a real go.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Its bleeding incredible that there are real people out there answering these notes of mine here. I mean.. who are you people? Well, then, who am I. I'm the shakey one. But I"m here.

Ireland. Thats a long way away to be talking.

I feel like I"m in a fog. But I am over killing myslef. I want to live now. so there.
                      Thank you for making me feel welcome. I'm hoping I'll get to day 3 here.
                      T

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Hey, T

:hallo: from South Africa as well
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Evening, Bridge :h
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

That is one of the joys of MWO T, there are people here 24/7 from all parts of the world. We all have one thing in common, our desire to get/stay sober. Come on you can do this.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

South Africaq. Blimey.

Sounds exotic.

Anyway I dont want to do much apart from get through this hour and this day. I'm making my goal very limited. How I got through day 1 I will never know. Cant even think of that now. Have to think of now.

Thanks again.
                              T

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Thats the best way to do it at the beginning imo. ODAT or one hour at a time if needs be. Have you read the book/toolbox thread etc and put some sort of plan in place?

Comment

Working...
                                X