Underoos Friends-July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends-July

Just bolting through. Out for a nice lunch in the country et al.
    later dudes.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

back from another session cleaning out Mum's house. Down to the pre-historic layers now. Makes it hard to do it quickly, as we are now finding stuff that we have never seen before! ...... found a copy of my great-grandparents wedding certificate from the parish of Walton-on-the-Hill in Lancaster (1878 - my other grandparents were just about on the boat to NZ at that point in time), and discovered that my "Uncle Frank" (really my mother's Uncle Frank, but we always called him that) was born in Pietermaritzburg. If Tip is lurking, he might want to educate me on whether that suggests he is of Dutch or British heritage ( ... Uncle Franks surname is pretty British! but just thought that Pietermaritzburg was mostly Dutch settlers)

and something that reduced me to tears ... a post card from a hotel in Brighton to my mum from my grandmother soon after she (mum) must have found out she was pregnant with me. Sending her love to all her "cherubs" (that was what she called all her grandchildren) especially the newest one (me). Somehow it made me remember that however much I blame my parents for things, that once upon a time it was all good. A lesson in taking responsibility for ones actions. :H:H

hope you have had a good lunch Bridge!

TF: have we heard about what happened to the egg? Did I miss something?
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

aww missy i wish i was good with words but i am'nt, just hugs, they must be such bittersweet memories of your uncle frank, pietermaritsburg sounds vey dutch, might even be mauritsburg cause there seems to be a prince maurits in the netherlands
        life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

and of course the postcard from your gran must have you reduced to tears, hugs again,
          draggy
          life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Reggie;914197 wrote: Hi Draggy...Ahh missy lovley stuff thanks for sharing big huggs too.... Just had me parents over..and we broke out the title of the house first built in 1923...Mum and dad begun to tell stories of great grand dads and mums and how they lived here in Melbournes West during the depression...great Grandad Ryan was head of the Railways Union and a real Red Ragger !!! bloody Irish....a wonderful arvo was had filled with lovley recalled memories hope yours was too!!
            REg,

we may be related. I have many Ryans in my ancestry. And trade unionists. And musos.

Glad you had a good afternoon. I came back and made cheese scones. Was lovely.

Draggy - thank you too!! :l

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Reggie;914200 wrote: We may well be Missy ...Apparently Grandad used to play the jews harp while standing on his soap box preaching the revolution ( sorry for the late edit the muso thing sparked a memory).... Bloody rootin Ryans ..catholics..... big breeders:H
              yes so ...

My (other, my dad's side) Grandad Ryan was one of 14. Winked at my Grandma a widow from Newcastle, NSW) when she was coming back from communion and he was singing a solo. So the story goes anyway. :H:H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

I'm loving this. Keep talking, Missy & Reg ... tell us more

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

now I've gone all shy .....

Tawny - we need a chook update!!!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Reggie;914209 wrote: It is good Tf another thing i do remember visting Gran at her house in Parahan telling me how she just got a visit from the historian of the rail ways union ...they were doing a history book thing...he said "Jack Ryan" ( how Australian is that) helped make many rail way workers lifes better...rain falling here such a lovely sound best be off roast to cook in that F.ckin oven :H
                    Reg, we need to talk! Jack Ryan is a big figure in labour history!!!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Reg - I am heading off for the evening, but would really like to converse on this some more when we both have some time.

hope all the other underoos have a good time tonight!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Guitarista;913719 wrote: 'Joy to the world, la la la la, dooby dooby do, dah dah dah dah dah, dah de dah de da, da da de do da...stranger's in the night,......love was just a glance away, a warm trouserless embracing dance away......and..........(key change, and volume up) ever since that night, we've been together, lover's at first sight, in love forever....do be do be do.....

:h :l :h:l:h:l
                        I take it the date went well ?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

N.R.N.R.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Either that or the drugs were good.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Is it hide and go seek tonight ?

G-string...nobody hides behind the lounge (it's too easy)
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

:sofa:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X