Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends-July

Ta G,
    Am fine. Just looking after nieces. Need to source some help on some words though for the funeral. How do you speak in public as a family and do a person justice in such circumstances. I know he fought long and hard against his affliction. Awful and tragic. Also shameful and all that with the stigma for his sisters & brothers. Everyone will be feeling exposed and dreadful at the same time as grieving.. when they should just be grieving the loss of a lovely young man who lost his way.. and got shit sandwiches when he begged for help.

Thinking I'd better go and look for some words.
    Hugs

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

fickle;915205 wrote: Am a wee bit proud and a wee bit disappointed. Had a plan and all was going well. But received some very bad news this weekend and it made me think. A lot. Also went a little off rails but not as much as expected. Yay me.

Lost a nephew in his 20s a few days ago. Overdose. Brought back the argument I had on this thread not so long back.

Basically it needs to be said - 2 things:

- I know plenty of people who are disgusted by junkies. I know plenty of people who view anyone who drinks too much or smokes too much with similar disgust. Self destruction is ALWAYS UGLY, no matter what the means.

- Every person with a substance abuse issue has a mother, father, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, children, etc. For every man/woman down, there are so many that suffer. Medical help is a human right and marginalising anyone because of their health issue is just plain WRONG. It does massive injustice not only to the one who dies, but also to everyone who loves them.
      Sorry. Going to crack a Tawny for this one.
      What a horrible thing, Fickle. There are never enough quality services for people like us. Nor are there enough different kinds of services to meet consumer needs.
      One size fits all.
      Which, of course, it doesn't.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Fick's. What about all his positives? And i bet there were many. His gut's, determination, his heroic battle to even get this far? Could you focus on his great qualities? What was great about him? What was special? Lot's i bet. Just throwing idea's out there off the top of my head. I hope i'm not being insensitive in any way...

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Yes, it's hard guys, I think everyone should support drug law reform and harm minimisation everywhere we can. It's for the families over an above the actual person with "THE" problem.

Positives G, if a person has been identified like that with a label like 'junkie' then they are marginalised and isolated. That is a particularly horrifying part of the tragedy. Everyone, including the family moves away, afraid to be associated with something that is essentially considered criminal activity. Then when the person dies it is too late to look for positives. They have neglected the sufferer for so long.. there is a lot of guilt and pain and uselessness.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

I'm grateful you are here tonight Bridge & G'ster, would hate to see the Undie thread subside.. I'll be back with a vengeance soon! (promise to keep me knickers on too )

Am going well otherwise and following the PLAN towards AF'ness... Should take myself off to QandA & Bed.

Hey, Lots Love & Nighters :l

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Okay. When's the funeral?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Gosh.. another hard part.. police involved etc... we are waiting for permission

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

G'night Fickos. Take care.

Don't worry about this thread, i don't think it'll ever drop orf for too long.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

fickle;915228 wrote: Gosh.. another hard part.. police involved etc... we are waiting for permission
                    I understand. More embuggerance.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

I feel a bit split personality today... am feeling really good in myself, everything's great at work, another job interview in the morning etc.. but at the same time trying to come to terms with this. A sensation of extreme unreality is the only way I can describe it. I put the wellbeing down to being on my AFness plan and the supps... The funeral will be wierd and scary and bring together more family members that 'NEVER SPEAK'.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Arrrgh.. you're right G, orf to bed!

Keep up the good work all you loverly underoos and keep the thread going...!

That is all

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

The most beautiful eulogies I have ever heard were honest unpretentious genuine and a lot of them impromtu.
                          Nobody expects an election acceptance speech, just straight from the heart.

Night-ski Ficks and Mr G.
                          Not only will tomorrow be a better day....but they will continue to get better ad infinitum.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

It's very sad Fick's. I was asked by the parent's of a g/friend who overdosed a many years ago to sing at the funeral. I did it, and was honoured to, but geez, that was a hard day for everyone. Her natural parent's were there too (she was adopted) asking what she was like in her last year's, then her orphaned dog......ahhh......

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Night Bridgeos.....x

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Night Fick's...x

Comment

Working...
                                X