X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos Friends-July

Morning all,

:l:l for Beagle and Fickle.

I get so cross at lack of services too. Has anyone heard of "The Nutters Show"? is a radio programme here on Sunday nights - talkback from people with mental health, drug and alcohol issues. Some of the stories make you want to weep.

I've been fighting falling into the black hole over the last couple of weeks and Sunday night I fell into it well and truly. Have also picked up some sort of flu bug that has me going in between hot sweats and cold shivers. Not leaving my bed today.

I've been really focussed on trying to improve my fitness and not drinking, but I think I have do do something more fundamental to change my life. I've got a big project that was supposed to be completed last year, but with my brother and mother being sick the time that I had to do it in was eaten up and I didn't make much progress. Now I'm trying to get it done while still working full-time but the reality is that I dont have the energy for it at the end of the day and on weekends and I feel really trapped and stressed out by it. I'm getting sick at the drop of a hat, and its because I've had about 2 years of prolonged stress and my body telling me that it has had enough.

If I was brave I would just ring the people involved and tell them that I cant complete it. But I feel like I would be letting some people down - not to mention that I have a contractual obligation to complete it!

On the other hand, I sort of feel like if I dont do something really major than I am going to get really sick or have a mini-breakdown or something.

Dont know quite where I am going with this, but any thoughts welcome
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Morning Missy and all Rooter's,

Missios, my thought's on your quandry are these.

Contract's can be broken, and don't feel like you have to do everything in life that you said you would. Sometimes we unwittingly overstretch ourselves, (not originally, but now, as it turns out) or circumstances/life changes, which has happened for you. For me, i would ring other party, and let them know that given your current life circumstances, you wouldn't do the project justice, and your respect for those people and this project is such, that you think it's best to let it go.
      Your health is so much more important here. What do you think?

A marvellous day to all malakas, and back into the day gig whirlpool for moi. Don't people realise i'm an artiste? No respect i tell ya. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Oh, and maybe give them a couple of suggestion's towards a solution.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Thanks G ..... going to take my journal back to bed with me and think thoughts all day. And hopefully sleep .....

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Hi Missy,
            Gotta bolt but I will leave you a post about this tonight.
            Health...mental, physical...is the priority.
            You've had this contract hanging over your head like a loaded crane for ages.
            Time to subby in some work and shift it off ???? Won't work financially, but it will get the bastard gone, and you may be spending a fortune on hospitalisation if it goes on this way. Not to mention loss of earnings while you 'lose it'
            Ever the pragmatist:H:H:H
            Hi/bye all Y fronts.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Special these ones :l for Ficks - you're right, no-one who suffers chronically from substance abuse wants it...and I know 1st hand of the devastation it can cause...hopefully the other young 'uns in the family & friends circle can see this & learn.
              Missy - The Nutters Show - love it. A voice for the people & no matter what anyone says generally drunks/exes (like us) & those with mental health issues have an excellent sense of humour...or maybe it's just me that really gets it:H
              Missy - weigh up the costs - both financial & physical/mental, those on your relationship and you'll know what to do. Twas a great day when I learnt to say 'I can't do anymore than this' - I wanna be supwerwoman but I know she aint the hungover/stressed out/sick lady who tried to fool everyoone that I had it under control.
              That's my $2.50 worth - take or leave as you will beautiful people.
              xo

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Thanks for those comments. You're all right. You know that. I know that. Now just need to come up with a plan for doing it. Subbing it out isn't an option (its a text book, and publishers tend to like their authors to actually do the work :H:H) , but actually I did just have a thought about possibly sub-contracting out some of our paid work. My co-author is travelling around Europe at the moment, so I'll spend the rest of this week formulating some options and talk to her about it when she next lands somewhere where we can be in contact..

I've been reading a book today that I started a we while ago, but which I never got around to reading called "Care of the Soul".. I really like it. One of the things that leapt out at me was some stuff about when we do things solely because we "dont want to let people down" or because we "dont want to be selfish" we should have a think about what the little need in us that we have that is not being paid attention to. And I've really had it with always and constantly being stressed from having things that have been left un-done because I have over promised and over committed.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Hello Underlings... everyone behaving tonight? (day, or whatever it is for YOU peeps)
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

sunshine_gg;915734 wrote: Hello Underlings... everyone behaving tonight? (day, or whatever it is for YOU peeps)
                    Sunny, it's about time you showed up here. Where have you been, what are you doing, and what are you wearing today?

Grinder, you beeeeeauwwwdifullllll, beautiful!

I am feeling knackered, a bit down for no reason i can pinpoint, and in need of a good woman's/women's touch. I hope it's not ............manflu! (crackin jokes. Can't be too bad)

Sound's like you have a plan missy?
                    Hope you are okay there Beagos.
                    How are you Fick's?

The ice cream's out, so the gloves are orf.
                    A marvellous evening to all.

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

[QUOTE=Guitarista;915844]Sunny, it's about time you showed up here. Where have you been, what are you doing, and what are you wearing today?

Grinder, you beeeeeauwwwdifullllll, beautiful!

I am feeling knackered, a bit down for no reason i can pinpoint, and in need of a good woman's/women's touch. I hope it's not ............manflu! (crackin jokes. Can't be too bad)

Sound's like you have a plan missy?
                      Hope you are okay there Beagos.
                      How are you Fick's?

Do you need soup, crumpi, sleep, chatting ????
                      Shoulder massage ?? Actually you can get one of the crumpi to do that....

SHIT man I've had a day and a half. Everyone was so frigging CRANKY.
                      So I took meself off for a lunch break, decided to change my thoughts and energy...and go back in...
                      We made it.

This learning curve is so steep my nose is bleeding.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Hello Bridgeos!

Soup and sleep, i reckon. Shoulder massage? Yep!

Big day then? And you turned it into a positive. Bravo!

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Right into the kitch with you, there's creamy sweet potato soup with coriander and crusty bread.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

byebyebridgetjones;915880 wrote: Right into the kitch with you, there's creamy sweet potato soup with coriander and crusty bread.
                            mmm, perfect Bridge! I've just made some chicken soup, garlic and chilli added.

How is work Matron? You staying there for awhile you think? Did i ask you the same question last week?....

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

Guitarista;915889 wrote: mmm, perfect Bridge! I've just made some chicken soup, garlic and chilli added.

How is work Matron? You staying there for awhile you think? Did i ask you the same question last week?....
                              Yes you did, and dunno (still)
                              It's not yer garden variety nursing. There's a bit of management and staff supervision/admin thrown in. Funny job, it is.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Underoos Friends-July

byebyebridgetjones;915906 wrote: Yes you did, and dunno (still)
                                It's not yer garden variety nursing. There's a bit of management and staff supervision/admin thrown in. Funny job, it is.
                                Should be perfect for you, telling people what to do
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X