Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse no longer available in Canada

Hi there,

My doctor went to prescribe me antabuse and apparently it is not being made anymore in Canada. I have gone on line to check as well and it is showing that it is not being formulated anywhere? I am confused - how does one get this? I would really like some to kick start and am not able to get it anywhere even with doctor intervention. Evidently the new drug in Canada is Campral but you can drink on campral so it doesn't do what I need it to.

Any advise?
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Really? I got a prescription for Antabuse in Victoria in June 2009! The pharmacist formulated it for me. It is under the name of Disulfram.... I have the 250mg caps.

I'm gonna be p'd off it is truly something we cannot get any longer!

Comment

Uni,

Maybe post this in the Meds forum as well - you might get more responses?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

That's awfull. Surely they couldn't in their right mind discountinued a drug that has helped so many alcoholics stay AF?!??!

I can always send you some from SAFFA land
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
        X