Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Day in the Life: July 1, 2010

A walk on the darker side of the soul.

The journey we are on can be treacherous at times and it is possible to feel like giving up altogether. When events overcome and create feelings of despair and fatigue. I recently went through one of these times and it formed a catalyst for a very deep decent into my soul that has left me exhausted from the work required to crawl back out. All the undone work over the course of my life stands before me and although I know the decent was needed and the work must be done it is hard not get discouraged when setbacks occur.

My decent left me feeling like an ice berg. Ninety percent of me was in a cold, dark place with large shadows swimming by in the distance with no knowledge of their intentions. The other 10% was left to deal with the day to day activities of getting through a day. Brushing my teeth, getting to work, eating, which was not happening as much as it needed to. Then there was the occasional sulk back into drinking in order to take the edge off the pain I was feeling. The ice berg is melting and warmer waters are ahead, but it is a slow process and dark shadows still lurk out there. One swam by last night and has left me feeling down this morning. While I know this is a feeling that will pass and better feelings will take its place, it is here that I am right now.

As I head out into my day I will work to remember that there are better times ahead.

Welcome back Croft. There will be better times ahead. Just by coming back to this community shows you are not giving up. Everyone here is so supportive. Look forward to hearing more from you :l
    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Geez, croft. You're in a far different place than you were after the art show. You are strong and smart and it's good you see the bigger picture. Hang in there.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Croft: Sorry to hear you are feeling so overwhelmed. You are a very special person and know that there are many of us here to support you!
        Best,

Ask

Comment

Thanks Ask! That means a lot!

Comment

Working...
          X