X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling grateful

Am doing fine and feeling grateful.
    I posted a picture of 'the elephant.'
    He isn't done but at least he is well underway.
    Progress.

Feeling grateful

You sound good '67. I'm going to check out your painting and I'll edit this with my impression. I love surprises

Oh I like it '67 what is the medium hard to tell in the image, but I like what I see!?!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Feeling grateful

I like it too! You are very talented 1967!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Feeling grateful

Where do I find the elephant, please? Hi papmom. )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Feeling grateful

Ah, thanks!
          It is oil on gessoed board. I am not sure what I want to do with the background/foreground.
          Initially I was thinking foliage... then sea scape... I kind of want it to be silly... titled something like "A Caribbean Elephant?" Something... not sure.
          Watching the Natalie Holloway story. So sad especially in light of the developments in S.A.

I just bought a TV... haven't had one since 1999... seemed unnecessary.
          So this really is kind of fun.
          I did lots of cleaning today as well as working on zee elephant.

Glad you like him papmom3 & techie... he'll just get more interesting with time.

Comment

Feeling grateful

RingingCedars it is in the animal pictures. Start by clicking on Community and scrolling down to pictures...

okay, so something else to be grateful for:

boss' boss just called to chat about tomorrow. thank god i am 100% sober.
            she is old and smart and i know for sure she'd detect the change in my voice.
            that wouldn't be good as it would make me feel bad about me.

anyhow.
            feeling a bit sleeping.

Comment

Feeling grateful

1967;902095 wrote: RingingCedars it is in the animal pictures. Start by clicking on Community and scrolling down to pictures...

okay, so something else to be grateful for:

boss' boss just called to chat about tomorrow. thank god i am 100% sober.
              she is old and smart and i know for sure she'd detect the change in my voice.
              that wouldn't be good as it would make me feel bad about me.

anyhow.
              feeling a bit sleeping.
              See now. Positive changes already. Nite '67 have a good one...john
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Feeling grateful

Tis the witching hour.
                Wanna hear something nuts? I am thinking about wine. For goodness sake!
                Poured myself cranberry & water w/lime in a pretty glass.

This is nuts.

I also am dying to nap. Not going to though, I'll be up all night.

I have another stupid encounter w/a local guy to share. There is a guy who comes here to check on the house a couple times a week. Since he doesn't do anything I had no idea.
                I ran into him on the steps this afternoon. He scared the crap out of me and I started to scream.
                I asked him 'what are you doing?"
                He said 'nothing stupid.'
                So I followed him around 'saying are you calling me stupid?! He said no no I meant I am not doing anything stupid.
                Yeah, right.

I am telling you I can't stand these guys. They have NO MANNERS WHATSOEVER.
                If he had said HELLO when he arrived I would have been fine. But he was sneaking around, the dogs didn't even bark!
                But I am fine. I'm fine.

Working on my painting and checking in.

Comment

Feeling grateful

I'm happy you didn't drink '67. I still get these feelings too. The good thing for me is they have become weaker and weaker. Who is this guy? Did you find out? Wishing you the best...john

Comment

Feeling grateful

Hi 67,

Hope you are feeling more settled now? Is that your painting in your avatar? I'm a musician. I love creating.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Feeling grateful

Ugh... he is a handy man of sorts.
                      He showed me the apartment.
                      I just wasn't expecting to see anyone! I wish I would just relax!!
                      How long have you be AF John?

Comment

Feeling grateful

Fifty one days this time at MWO. Before I was eight months sober. I thought I could moderate. I learned quickly I cannot mod. Anyway, I glad you at least knew who this guy was. You'll relax more as you get accumulated to having no booze in your system.

Comment

Feeling grateful

I meant to tell you that when I first quit I noticed that I had a very exaggerated startle response. I would jump at every sound etc. It's better now, but still there. Never had it before the abusive drinking!

Comment

Feeling grateful

oh... I am afraid I had this trouble before I started to drink regularly and excessively. I think of it as the scream response...
                            But, I am sure you are right I will relax with time and no alcohol. Looking forward to that one!!
                            The longest I've gone is 2.5 months. In the past I could stop with little problem when I felt I was over doing it. Interesting how this isn't possible anymore.

I uploaded a new version of the elephant... still not done though.
                            My boss' boss wants me to to paint some big pictures for her new furniture store.
                            I 'guess' I'll go buy some stretchers and canvas. Not sure what it is with me, but I really don't want to paint pictures to sell. I am a trained painter so I might try and get over this too!!

Watch how much the elephant will change over time... I'll glaze the background and send it backwards on the picture plane. This is a sample for MS art for the Fall. The kids love animals and so do I!

Comment

Feeling grateful

Guitarista;902889 wrote: Hi 67,

Hope you are feeling more settled now? Is that your painting in your avatar? I'm a musician. I love creating.
                              Yes, an unfinished self portrait...

Comment

Working...
                              X