A Day in the Life: July 3, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some days are harder than others. This was one of those days and unfortunatley it was stacked up on top of a few others. I continue to keep focused on the knowledge that these are just feelings; reactions to events around me. That they will pass and be replaced by hopefully better feelings.

As I read through the posts I am encouraged and inspired and I know there are better days ahead.

hang in there... i had similar challenges yesterday and didn't handle it well.
    today is a new day... am focusing on this.
    kudos to you for handling your reactions appropriately!

Comment

Now is the time to be grateful for. If times were tough for me my mum would say 'Johnny here's the past, throw it on the ground and step on it cause it's gone and not worth it, as for tomorrow, let Now take care of that'. Clever little lady my mum.

I think of Now as the fertile ground upon which we sew the seeds for tomorrow and reap the harvest from yesterday.
      "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

Hi Croft:
        It is good to see you posting, although I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.
        It is hard not to be discouraged when there seems so much going on. I took a "mini yoga camp" last week and we were asked each day "what will my legacy be for this day". The first day I set my aspirational legacy to be "she was patient and kind". Well didn't make it until 3:30 until I blew that one. I knew I had lost it when my ever kind and patient administrator gently asked: "is there something I can help you with?" when I was swearing at my computer.

My current phrase is "I will practice being hopeful". I can measure and succeed at 'practicing'.

The book "This is not the story you think it is" was recommended to me. I'm not sure yet whether I can recommend it. The writing is excellent, funny poignant. The message is that one can choose happiness (vs. suffering) despite really "sucky" circumstances. The path is to "not want what you cannot control". The author's example is working through her husband's departure & statement that he is not sure he loves her any longer.
        I'm not sure I really get it, but I'm going to keep reading and 'practicing' and will let you know if/when I get it.

PM me if you want to chat.
        Ask

Comment

Thank you all for your kind and most encouraging words. I am using them!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X