• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have a question about the ARMY thread

Is ARMY an acronym for something?
    Pie

Good Q Pie...

I dont think so, i think its just about marching on but we could always make some up
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

A
      Rowdy
      M
      ixture of
      Y
      obs!!
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Pie.....Army in this case means a group of people that are determined to accomplish a goal. IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Chillgirl;903785 wrote: A
          Rowdy
          M
          ixture of
          Y
          obs!!
          :laughmonkey: sounds about right Chilli.

It is the army against alcohol. There are a mix of people from all over the world on various stages of their journey but mostly posting in GMT. Nothing military about it bar the name.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Yip: we are simply fighting AL together. Simple as that
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yep, that's the MWO Army, all marching together. Some faster, some slower, but all determined to win each battle, big or small, and eventually win the war.
              Sometimes there's food in the mess hall, sometimes not. Lots of banter in the barracks but serious talk as well. Got a problem, we're all here to listen and help as best we can. And if one member straggles behind a bit, all the other soldiers drop back to give a helping hand to our fellow trooper to pick up the pace again.
              So come on soldiers - beds made properly, boots polished to a high shine and up and at it to face another day. Hup, one, two, three, hup, one, two, three...the MWO Army marches on....
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

stirly-girly;903877 wrote: Hup, one, two, three, hup, one, two, three...the MWO Army marches on....
                Feck off. I'm still sleeping

:H:H:H:H:H
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Um, er, it's Tuesday and yer supposed to be at work. Awake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_Hsy-rbEM&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Reveille
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thats it pie We are all trying to march forward & up,we are also always looking for new recruits,so join up and march with us :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

OK, honey, it's the Army against AL. You're always welcome there.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

It's a separatist cult who's dominions are out to steal your soul!

ARMY stands for Avenging Radical Mormon Yoshis. I think Mario is their cult leader!!!

Yoshis are generally depicted in games as being quite intelligent from a young age, many being able to defend themselves while still infants. While the main Yoshi himself is depicted as green, they come in a variety of colors, spanning every color of the rainbow, and even black or white. Some Yoshis have the ability to fly, breathe fire, cause earthquakes by stomping, and even stick out their tongues nearly three times their length. If yoshi enters enters a body of water, he will disappear and return back to his egg. They can swallow an enemy and plop them out as a egg.

Appearance
                        While green is considered the standard color for Yoshi, his brethren appear in different colors, including blue, red, yellow, brown, orange, pink, purple, azure, turquoise, navy blue, silver, bronze and, more rarely, black and white. Black and white Yoshi have the distinct ability to digest chili peppers, which other Yoshis cannot. Generally, a Yoshi's shoe color is dependent on its color; red Yoshis wear blue shoes, for example. Different colors of Yoshi had different abilities, such as fire-breathing and flying.

Call of the Yoshi
                        Yoshis also can make a variety of sounds. Hopping onto Yoshi's saddle made one of a few sounds of affirmation; these were Yoshi's trademark noises the character began muttering his name and unintelligible words (such as "gong", "hup" and "wah!"), usually when idle or jumping. Besides "hup", "gong" and "wah!", Yoshi has said his own name. Yoshi also makes a "pshee-pshoo" sound. Nonetheless, Yoshi can be heard saying "yay!", or "ya hi ya ho!" It is unknown if Yoshi can actually speak the English language, although there are instances when he is seen talking normally.

Social Structure
                        Yoshis have a limited social structure, shown as living in villages with a few wooden constructions. However, Yoshis inhabit many areas of the world, from the Mushroom Kingdom to Isle Delfino and MWO.

Sports Star

Yoshi's appearances typically portray him as an agile character. He has an amazing ability to play almost any game with speed and skill. When driving, he has excellent acceleration, although he is also more likely to go off the track. While golfing, his shot is straight and average in height. Additionally, he is the fastest tennis player and baseball star, Yoshi is the speediest runner and can use his tongue to catch faraway balls. Additionally, Yoshi is a balanced captain. When he performs his Super Strike, green and yellow bubbles surround the character as he kicks the ball into the back of the net, usually hitting the goalie in the stomach and taking him into the net with it. When he performs his Mega Strike, he flies up into the air, sprouting the wings if he held a blue shell in his mouth, he draws in a lot of breath and as he breathes out it creates a considerable force on the ball causing it to be fired into the net. While playing basketball, Yoshi is an All-Around character, in contrast to his speedy nature in other sports games. His Special Shot is the Flutter Dunk. At close range, he holds the ball as he hovers toward the hoop in typical Yoshi style, leaving a rainbow trail. When he is outside the three-point line, he throws the ball to another teammate, with another rainbow trail behind the ball. In most of these games, Yoshi is mostly teamed up with Birdo, although their relationship is unclear.

Evolution of Yoshi

Although having the same general appearance, Yoshi's appearance has slightly changed over the years. Originally his features more resembled a dinosaur, with a long neck, small arms, and a wider back (conveniently for Mario to ride on.) Also he has small spikes from head to tail. As time continued, instead of looking older, Yoshi conveniently turned the clock back on time and gained a much younger look: shorter, chubbier, with larger arms and hands. As time continued, Yoshi gained much more human-like features (i.e.: standing up straight instead of curved, swinging his arms while running.) and his spikes would become smaller and blunter. He also inherited hovering and egg-throwing from the previous games, but he could only keep one egg with him as opposed to being able to carry many more.

Eating Habits
                        Yoshis have very long, sticky tongues. The captured enemy can be either spit out or somehow encased in an egg. They are omnivorous and seem to enjoy tropical fruits, especially melons. Some Yoshis can only be awoken by feeding them such fruits. Their noses can detect fruit and other secrets buried underground. Yoshi can spit out a variety of alcoholic beverages which he needs to survive. Different fruits were known to change its color. Although they have teeth, these are rarely seen or used.

Many Blessings
                        Phil :nutso:
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Phil - excellent summary. May I add ... they also LOVE budgerigars.

Comment

And i thought no one knew

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X