I have done something bad guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

johnnyh;905094 wrote: Great post Doggy girl.

I think I would have liked to give that woman a piece of my mind but probably wouldn't have of fear being exposed myself.
    funny thing is, I would have. One of my pet peeves is rude customer service
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

What you did Oney was just show me how much of a tender hearted person you are. Being tender hearted is never a bad thing at all.

We have lots of homeless folks here too. I have often given them money and dont really care what they spend it on as im sure its something they need. Even booze or not.
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I wish I was a little braver I guess. It's so easy to be a person without a backbone in a crowd sometimes, isn't it?!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

johnnyh;905108 wrote: I wish I was a little braver I guess. It's so easy to be a person without a backbone in a crowd sometimes, isn't it?!
          I'm told I should think before speak because I react on emotions to much :H
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

johnny, you may find that you will get braver and braver about many things as you continue on your sober journey. I used to think I would DIE of humiliation if anyone were to find out I'm an alcoholic in recovery. (didn't bother me to be drunk off my ass and making a fool of myself in a bar...but that's another story...) I'm getting over it. We all will probably change some along those lines and we continue to grow in sobriety.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks DG. Yeah. My thinking is also if it was a couple of months down the line it might be different. Still feel to vulnerable to be exposed.
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I agree with many others here that you did the right thing . . .a bit of kindness goes a long way, and as Ktab said, who knows where that could lead . . .I also agree with Mama Bear about the gal behind the counter! MB, you always crack me up!

Comment

For what its worth I think you did the right thing Oney
                  He will get sober when he is ready, and bless your heart for not wanting to see him suffer x
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That's why we love you Oney.......you have a good heart!

Comment

Oney, darling.
                      A hard call. I would have done exactly the same thing in a heartbeat.
                      J x
                      :l
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You did the right thing, Oney. We could be them, they could be us, and "I knew & he knew" says it all. You never know on what level you might touch someone. Bless you! :h
                        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Oney - I love you girl! :l

We all know here better than anywhere that no one quits until they take that step for themselves so if he didnt get it there he would have found a way to get it some place else.
                          Compassion is the most powerful expression in the universe and if we all came from that place what a wonderful world it would be....

Could he have been my old friend??!! Wouldnt suprise me if he got on the wrong plane yesterday! :H
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Oney-I agree with everyone here. You did the right thing...the poor soul. Stop beating yourself up and think about the kindness you showed him when nobody else did. For that moment, you were an angel to him. You have a huge heart, sweetie, be proud of that!!
                            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

You're the BEST oney :h
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I agree that you did the right thing. Something similar happened to Mario last year, and that was also the consensus at the time.
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X