Do I have a case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have a case?

johnnyh;905150 wrote: oh I see. Yeah I guess that's the standard thing they do tell you for the post op. My fam members who became blackoutdrinkers started drinking MUCH sooner again though. I think as early as 3/4 weeks post op.

I guess with time it will become one of those things they will warn about
    i always was a leader maybe i can start a class action suit so they can disclose this info
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Do I have a case?

FallonsMom;905168 wrote: i always was a leader maybe i can start a class action suit so they can disclose this info
      Hey, why not?! There could be some good comp in it too!!
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Do I have a case?

FM, Hart brings up some very valid points about the addictive personality. It is quite common for people to trade one addiction for another. About five years ago, Carnie Wilson wrote a book about becomoing alcoholic after gastri bipass surgery. It is a very honestly and well written book. I have also heard Dr. Oz and other medical professionals address this issue. So, it is good to know that this information is available.

I do not believe that any alcoholic takes there first drink plans to become addicted, or plans to become a drunk. But, many of us do. There is some speculation that addictive behaviors are in our genes, others believe it is caused by trauma, the list goes on. In the case of people becoming alcoholic after surgery, is it the surgeons that are to blame?

I would ask, what would a class action suit accomplish? Will a laws suit cure those that are now addicted to alcohol. Will a suit educate the public? Will a law suit cause over weight people to choose another method to loose weight? I guarantee it will make a lot of money for the lawyers! Perhaps you would do better by figuring out how you can become active in education?

Regardless of the reasons that we have problems with alcohol, the fact remains that the only way that we can recover is to take action ourselves. WE have to stop drinking. Yes, it would have been far better had none of us ever taken that first drink, but we did. And, we can stop drinking.

Just offering some food for thought.
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
        X