A Day in the Life: July 7, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The journey we all share is difficult and I am not sure it even has a destination. Sorta like my gardens, where the weeds keep coming up and the aphids never cease. But the garden, like my struggle, has a bigger picture. The garden is me, and perhaps you.
    The garden requires constant tending, not unlike me. Weeds need to be pulled, bugs need to be controlled and occasionally even the good stuff has to be managed. If you are a gardener you know that sometimes what we plant, what we thought was so wonderful, starts to take over the garden and obliterate all the other beautiful plants in its way.
    We can learn much from this garden. Even the good stuff can become consuming. The great job, the excellent hobby, the beautiful family?..but we all know that these require the constant gardener. If our lives do not get the daily maintenance that they need they can start to deteriorate. The thing we thought to beautiful to pass up can start to take control over all the other wonders in our lives. The dutiful gardener knows that thinning is a good thing. That there are times when too much of a good thing needs to be addressed and what is really beauty involves a balance. So the gardener thins and so will I.

keep on digging your way out croft, it can & will be done.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Croft,I really like the garden analogy. I remember last summer as I was struggling with the whole concept of a "power greater than myself" and the subject of "control" and what I do and do not control.

I was in my garden one day and realized that without my own ACTION there could be no garden - at least not with tomatoes and peppers and the stuff I like to grow and can, etc. I have to plant the seeds and tend to the weeds, etc. However there is a power greater than me in that garden too. That power which causes the rains to come (or not) and the temperatures to do whatever they do. And all kinds of things which are well outside of my control.

I could acknowledge this power greater than myself, but without my own action that IS within my control, I would have nothing. It takes me AND that power greater than me working together to get tomatoes and peppers and all the great stuff for the salsa of life.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I like that
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Croft, beautiful post. And SO true. We, and even those with no AL problems, must constantly guard our lives and souls from the intrusions that come. I think of my journey as a bit selfish; I protect myself as I protect and care for those I love. Without care, love, and discipline, the bad things creep in, and today more than ever, all is at risk. You have a wonderful way with words. Use that talent to challenge yourself each day, to make it a good and healthy day.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
          X