Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifestyle changes

Hi All
    I was just reading a couple of treads and a common thought came through. It was on lifestyle change. In the beginning of stopping drinking we become hopeful that life will be the same just minus the al. I don't think this is possible and after some good time in recovery It doesn't become desirable. Wanting to go to the party, pub, all day drinking fest minus the al is not what makes for a fun time. So often people here ask "Do you think i can go to_____ I haven't had a drink in ------ days. Well fill in the blanks - party - 40whatever . If you go and don't drink is all alright. Well yes for that night. Do you now go the following weekend and the one after that. What I am trying to get at is this is part of our drinking lifestyle. Something that is going to have to be changed. I am just using this party theme as an example because it applied to me. Look at your drinking lifestyle what is going to have to change for you to be successful. The lifestyle you are now in is the chain keeping al in your life.
    Some members here are making tremendous changes to their life knowing that if they don't they risk never recovering. Look at your life style now, is just removing al going to lead to recovery.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Lifestyle changes

Excellent point Caysea.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Lifestyle changes

Wonderful, as usual, Cay. When I went to rehab they pounded in my head 'you don't have to change anything, you have to change everything.' It's not really literal, but it's real, in the way we think, act, socialize, at least for a while. Till we feel strong and confident enough to handle what life, and society, throws at us. Our vacation home is in a famous, popular, drinking location. I don't even go there unless we have have guests who haven't seen this vacation destination. Elsewhere in the area, you can't even buy wine or beer, but there you can drink 7 days a week, something unusual in our state. Like Dirty Harry said, 'A man's gotta know his limitations'. And I don't test mine.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Lifestyle changes

Great post Caysea. I got a lot out of it.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
        X