Onwards and Upwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onwards and Upwards

I first came to this site in December 2009 and decided to go AF without posting, I stayed 4 months AF but started drinking when I went through a terrible terrible depression in May this year, I really thought I had lost it all and would have lost it all and a lot more where it not for this site and the very many special people I met and came to know so well.

I am 30 days AF today and it was a struggle believe me, I had many false starts during May but with the help of everyone here I got back on the wagon and trundled along, what kept me going was knowing I was not alone in the challenge.

Recently I came to the realization that I am moving on in my life, moving on from my past, I am taking a keen interest in work, studying, astronomy, reading and recently started meeting my friends again whom I left behind while going through this black period, I am starting to get in touch again with myself and doing things I like and beginning to look forward to things, making plans such as getting a new place closer to the city and getting a new more challenging job as well as getting to see my son more often.

I don't log on to the site as much due to me being a bit busy with other things which need my attention right now but I am very happy to be able to catch up on the activities in my favorite threads in the evenings.

Thanks again to everyone for helping me get this far and its onwards and upwards from now on.

All the best,

Wanna

Onwards and Upwards

Congrats Wanna. Sounds like you are moving on to the LIVING sober part which is awesome. Good for you!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

WANNA HAS 30 DAYS AF!!!

Wanna - You have done an fantastic job and Im really proud of you! :l

When we see the bigger picture we understand that in order to grow we have to face our demons, then we can let them go and move on..... I think you are on an amazing journey and im excited for you.
      WOO HOO WANNA HAS 30 DAYS AF!!!!!!:yougo::yougo::yougo:
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Wanna, you're doing a terrific job on finding yourself, and that discovery will only lead on to more wonderful, rewarding things. You have many reasons to keep this up, but the most important is finding your soul again, becoming the person you really are. I applaud you, your journey, and your daily fight to get back to who you really are.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

You made amazing strides wanna. It has also been a pleasure getting to know over the past few months. I believe good things are in store for the both of us. It is truly miraculous what we uncover when we remove the facade alcohol created. I wish you nothing less than success and happiness as you journey forward. Go mbeanna? Dia duit....john
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Hi Wanna,
            I have read many of your posts over the past month or so, and every single one of them is so honest and unplifting! You really seem to have found your stride!! I am so very, very happy for you and for your family, because, no matter what the future brings, you will be living a sober life which is always a much happier and definitely more stable life! Congratulations for all of your hard work!!

XO Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Hey, Wanna!

I'd just like to say THANKS for your contribution to Oney's avatar change thread . . that was "feckin' deadly," not to mention laugh-snortable! All the very, very best to you . . . all your contributions are appreciated!!!
              "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

well done wanna :goodjob:

:l:l draggy
                life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Wannawoo, you have just made me very happy reading that !!
                  Well done my friend life is certainly good if we allow it to be :l
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Wannahole,

Keep on keepin on hon.....

You are doing fantastic.

Love,

Oney x
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Wanna,

Firstly: congrats on 30 days! Well done.

Secondly: you rock, you poxfecker
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Wanna!!!!! You're a star!!! Well done for pulling yourself up and giving it your best shot again. So happy for you. Ppl love you. Never forget!
                        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Welldone wanna, its being great getting to know you and heres to another 30 days and another meet up :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

Wanna, you rock!!! Way to go. Keep up the good work....:wave: :dancin: inkele::yougo: :wave:
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Onwards and Upwards

wanna, it was a pleasure to meet you and thankyou for making Mr JC so welcome.
                              Here's to the next 30,60,90 no pressure there then.
                              J x
                              :l
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X