Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Road To Damascus

Bluey,

I hope you stay with us. You're an important asset to the success of many here. This is my take on MWO...

I think many of us came here ostensibly just to find support for our alcohol abuse. I did. What I didn't expect were the amazing realtionships that I would develop here at MWO. This has been a wonderful, joyful, insightful, and sometimes sad life experience forum exchange. It is never dull, never boring, but always educational. Through you, my fellow members I have grown. I have learned things about myself that otherwise would gone undiscovered. The breadth and wisdom of the day-to-day knowledge share have been invaluable. To get a global perspective on a problem that impacts so many lives is refreshing. I look forward to the pithy comment, the lame joke, the idiotic jpeg. Most importantly, I look to help those that have done so much for me. Stay Bluey? Thanks!! Danke! Merci!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

My Road To Damascus

Hi BH,

I, too, love reading your posts, and selfishly hope you'll stay. I will also respect your decision to leave, or to take a break, if you choose, because your number one concern has to be what feels right for you.

Pie

Comment

My Road To Damascus

Thanks for the advice folks. I think there is a need for some outriders here. I'll be one of them.
        Someone who can respond to a Newbie before their post is washed away.
        I keep an eye out for these and often jump in with my two cents worth before the more experienced and qualified cavalry arrives.
        Often the recognition alone will encourage. I hope so, and it's my guess that it does no harm.

I do feel that the starting out forum is the primary lifeline here and I watch it closely.
        Unfortunately there are posts there that merely take up space and are little benefit to anyone (have a look at today's page). I think they should go elsewhere. It would give the Newbies better exposure and a longer spell upon the stage.

Comment

My Road To Damascus

Good on you Bluey
          There is no one better to support that those who tread the same path
          You are much needed here.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
          X