Voices in my head, what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazel, great responses for you. Hope you see that people care about you/ Keep it up, honey. It WILL get easier. :hug:
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks ruby. You are so awesome. Wish you lived down the road so I could visit you...

Strangest thing...the voices have now stopped. Not sure which advice helped, the supplements, the exercise, the knowledge that its normal, ...but they have stopped. So again I am grateful for the timely help that set me on the right track yet again.

I keep saying you guys are all awesome...
      So grateful to you all
      Hazeleyes
      Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

The voices do quieten down but I certainly know they are still always there, waiting. Only 2 weeks ago I was fighting them, alone in a strange city. I found going to an AA meeting really helped get everything back into perspective.

Regards you question regards AL's effects. Many physicians do say addiction results from certain neurological changes in the brain. Once it starts you can't stop it. You can however hold it in remission by not using or taking alcohol(and the same goes for any other mind altering substances). If you do take it again those old nerve endings are reawakened and start to multiply again, making subsequent suffering even worse.

My experience is that this certainly is the case for myself.

Comment

Thanks alot Sheri and Ukblonde. I appreciate your comments and will take them to heart as I journey on. Really appreciate you taking the time to comment and help me with this.
          Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Hi Hazel. I can really relate to those voices! You got lots of great advice already but I just wanted to let you know I am another who understands what they sound like. I have found a lot of comfort in AA - a whole lot of other people just like me who know exactly what it's like. I'm also finding new friends and new interests which is adding new kinds of fun to my life. Doing the same old things I used to do while getting drunk just isn't fun for me any more either. But there is other fun out there! We have to go find it.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi hazel. I have and do struggle with those voices all the time. Everytime i am off work, i get the voice telling me that i can have a couple drinks while i clean or, garden or whatever. I have resisted the voices most times that not, but on thurs i gave in big time, and got drunk. No cleaning happened. just drinking. I feel those voices so strongly talking to me, like i'm crazy. So i'm glad you started this thread cause now i've seen by the responses, that it's a real problem that everyone is going through all the time. i Need to start going back to AA meetings. I need to get more serious with this, or i know i'll never win. Thanks Hazel. Great post! it rings so true to my heart cause i go through it everyday!
              Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
              AF since 04th May 2010
              Fell overboard on the 8th July!
              My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
              :crazymonkey:

Comment

Hi Doggygirl and Dizi
                Thanks for letting me know you struggle with this as well. I feel close to you both, my friends, as we battle this together. I guess I have to say again to Guitarista, Hippe, Sheri, UKblonde and all of you who helped us get a clearly picture on the bodies reaction to AL and how to quiet the voices - thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us all. My life is better because of you, and I am so grateful!

Comment

Working...
                X