My Internet/Phone Bill Is $52 Per Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am passing on some really useful information here, and also looking for some reaction to my new avatar (she is my dear cat 'Pook' and she has contributed to many of my posts, both directly and indirectly.)

My internet/phone bill used to be high, then I discovered Naked DSL. Now all my local calls and national calls are free.

The set-up costs are minimal. You will need a modem/router with a phone jack. I already had one of these b'cos I have a wireless laptop as well as my desktop.
    Your ISP will give you a new phone number and it will work perfectly well with the old phone...new phone is unnecessary (tho' they will try to sell you one)
    International calls are charged but they are as cheap as chips.

I use 6GB downloads pcm (sometimes more, but can top-up if required) before the change I was paying twice as much.

My ISP is iprimus...been with them for years. Tried a few others before but they stunk.

Just as a matter of interest I belong to the Whirlpool forum (Australian) where I learned of this...it's a great site if you want to know about anything electrical...and heaps of other stuff as well.

Right the phone infor will not do me any good ince i live in Ireland..

But I want a Pook! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Pook is a looker, all right
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

You are Irish Oney? A celt? This just gets better and better. My wife is a French Celt. Stunningly and incredibly beautiful. I'll post a pic shortly.

Comment

I am a celt indeed BH..but a French Celt sounds MUCH better!

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Yeah, bugga ya cat Bluey, show us yer missus! :H

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;906818 wrote: Yeah, bugga ya cat Bluey, show us yer missus! :H
              :H:H:H

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hey Blue.
                Found the info about your phone bill interesting. We have a "package" here in Greece. I pay 40 euro a month. Unlimited hours on internet, unlimited calls anywhere in this country and to 28 countries worldwide. I can literally talk 24 hours a day to someone back home in Canada and there is no extra charge. Funny thing is the server company rents the phone lines from the main phone company here and they charge us less that the major company did. Anyway, just wanted to add my two bits.

To the rest of you reading this I have a suggestion if you've got some spare time and want to take a little trip via internet. Blue is from the Orkney Islands. I had never heard of them and when I read a post of his mentioning the islands, I went to Google maps and found to my delight that the Orkney Islands have been photographed for "streetview". Take a few minutes and have a look. A lovely lush green place with quaint villages and farms. A delight to the eye.
                Stirly

P.S. The cat is a beauty....
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

HHope this works (secretly, I am a Luddite)

Comment

Gail was 20 when this was taken. Had just given birth to our first child.
                    She is the reason why I left home at 23 and entered into the 'full catastrophe.'

Comment

She is stunning Blue..very naturally beautiful.

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Is pook short for pookie?

I agree with the above comment to.
                        Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Beautiful Bluey, and Pook is looking on wisely....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Blue Heeler;906845 wrote: Gail was 20 when this was taken. Had just given birth to our first child.
                            She is the reason why I left home at 23 and entered into the 'full catastrophe.'
                            Ditto what Oney said. A natural beauty - the kind of beauty that doesn't fade with the years. Hope your kids look like Gail...:H:H
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Pook does get called 'Pookie' occasionally Flip Top. She also gets called many other things.
                              We have another cat as well 'Moo'...she is very naughty Pook takes a very dim view of her childish antics and frequently beats her on the hunch. Pook does not hit her on the face which is just as well...might cause some damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X