Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHIT!

Afternoon all :-)

8 days AF and I celebrated by drinking 3 bottles of wine..

There was a full glass on the table when I woke up and I drank that and had a beer as well for Breakfast..

So looks like I'm back to Day one AGAIN..

F*#K it!

I'm not kicking myself about it but hopefully it's another lesson learned..

Hope you all have a good Weekend..

Wavey xxx
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

SHIT!

Wavey,

what can we do to get you through to the other side? You have been sounding so great this week, so I know you will be kicking yourself and feeling like shit. Do you want TLC or a kick up the arse???

but BTW - great that you posted your own thread. :l
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

SHIT!

Hi Waving,
      I was battle with the cravings last night but made it through. Phew. Are you gonna try again?
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

SHIT!

Come on Wavy, you know the routine by now. Up and at em, sounds like you need to have a serious think about why you bought three bottles of wine and beer, you can and need to make this AF lark stick. Dont leave it till tomorrow or even later tonight, do it now.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

SHIT!

Missy, I'll have the kick in the arse, thank you..

Rebirth, like I said, this is day one again, so AF as of now..
          What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

SHIT!

Thanks KTAB and yes, I'm right back up and AF again as of NOW!

Comment

SHIT!

Glad to hear it, large kick in the ass ready and waiting. Next time you decide to buy loads of grog maybe stop and think I will leave it for an hour then get it etc... you dont need me to explain. Now if I could only take my own advice a bit more often... Easy to talk the talk, no so easy to walk the walk at times but bottom line is nobody puts that drink to our lips but us. I love being AF.

Comment

SHIT!

I love being AF as well Ktab..

I didn't buy all the booze at once, I made several trips..

What I was thinking, I have no idea

Comment

SHIT!

Good for you being back on the AF wagon Wavey
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

SHIT!

Stinking thinking, I know it well. No logic involved here at all, it is called addiction.
                    Need to learn to take a step back before it happens and ask why am I about to do this, do I really need this knowing how I will feel tomorrow. Many people write a list of the reasons they never want to pick up another drink at a time when the pain is fresh and raw and refer back to it at times of weakness and cravings. Maybe try it.

I know this has been posted before but it makes perfect sense to me:

Autobiography in five chapters" from Portia Nelson:

1) I walk down the street.
                    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
                    I fall in. I am lost...I am hopeless.
                    It isn't my fault.
                    It takes forever to find a way out.

2) I walk down the same street. 
I pretend I don't see it. I fall in again. 
I can't believe I'm in the same place. But it isn't my fault. 
It still takes a long time to get out.

3) I walk down the same street. 
I see it is there. I still fall in...it's a habit 
My eyes are open; I know where I am; it is my fault. 
I get out immediately.

4) I walk down the same street. 
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk 
I walk around it.

5) I walk down another street.

Comment

SHIT!

Didn't spew but am AF as of Tonight!

Comment

SHIT!

KTAB;907678 wrote: Stinking thinking, I know it well.
                        Love Ktab's comments. Sorry, but I resemble that comment at times...
                        Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

SHIT!

KTab - I loved that little story. Have copied it for future reference.

Waving - just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. You can do it!

Hipster
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

SHIT!

Thanks Hazel & Hippy. I like that little story too, it is so simple and straight to the point.
                            It is taken from this book
                            Amazon.com: There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery (9780941831871): Portia Nelson: Books

Comment

SHIT!

Hey Waving. Straight back on the wagon. That's the important thing now. Not yesterday. That's gone. Nothing you can do about that now besides that yesterday becomes the reality of today.

Well done for doing the 8 days AF. You can do it again. And set yourself a goal and think about a REAL reward you'll give yourself. For instance, when I make it to 7 days AF, I'll celebrate by going to the movies/buying myself that CD/going for that massage/ whatever it is that tickles you fancy?!

I'ts really much more of a celebration and reward then drinking yourself to misery?!! I know to think rationally when the craving hits is all but impossible. But just think about how you'll reward yourself properly?!!
                              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X