I let my Giant Beat me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I let my Giant Beat me.

"Not done anything as bad" hummmmmm, let me see I ONLY drove drunk once and it was pretty bad.

I said I would never drive drunk and that morning I made the decision to drive BECAUSE I was drunk and thought "I'll get away with it - look at all those other people who did it for years without getting caught".

So I went off careering down a very dangerous, busy, country road. Guess what? I hit an oncoming car because my steering was off. Guess what number 2?I just about managed to swerve so hard my car rolled onto it's roof, in order to minimise the impact. Guess what?There was a family including 2 children in the other car. How lucky was I not to kill any of them, not to mention myself.

My reaction?

Complete and utter shame. After being charged by the police I hid in my partners house, in the bedroom and wouldn't speak to anyone and in fact couldn't look anyone in the eye after that. Took me a long time to deal with it as I knew exactly how serious it had all been.

It took another 2 years for me to stop drinking but in that time even though I vowed I'd never do it again I still could not guarantee I would not do it in black out, as no-one with a drink problem can do. I didn't do it a 2nd time but now is the only time I can ever be sure I won't do it again - well not within the confines of this sober run.

So that's my lot on drink driving.

Oh and I don't dispute God, he's just another form of what I call my own belief system - in that there is something whether it be a deity, being or simple randomness that helps us through life.

Comment

I let my Giant Beat me.

Cheers everyone. God bless. I forgive you all. Thanks for helpin me realise that this site wasn't actually helpin me at all. I know you've all driven drunk, and probably all put your family and others in danger. I see why you're all so defensive. Anyway, i don't need all your judgements. God, my wife, my family, they've all forgiven me, and they are all that matter. I'll get back to the real world and get real support. Over and out.
      Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
      AF since 04th May 2010
      Fell overboard on the 8th July!
      My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
      :crazymonkey:

Comment

I let my Giant Beat me.

See we can't win here - you were saying we obviously hadn't done anything as bad, so I posted about my experience. Then get slated.

Thanks a lot all I wanted to do was help by saying been there, done that and I'm not proud. Defensive?I don't defend my drink driving it was pretty terrible and it's very serious which is why I would try and prevent anyone else from making the same mistakes or doing it themselves.

If that makes me wrong then so be it.

Comment

I let my Giant Beat me.

dizilizid;909721 wrote: Cheers everyone. God bless. I forgive you all. Thanks for helpin me realise that this site wasn't actually helpin me at all. I know you've all driven drunk, and probably all put your family and others in danger. I see why you're all so defensive. Anyway, i don't need all your judgements. God, my wife, my family, they've all forgiven me, and they are all that matter. I'll get back to the real world and get real support. Over and out.
          None of us here need your forgiveness.....
          Take responsability for your actions...
          as I said very clearly in my first respose to your thread...
          you obviously only read our words as a personal attack against you...
          they are not...
          we take the time to respond, to help not to attack...
          not in any one post has anybody attacked your religion....
          many of us here are religous from different faiths,
          some are not...
          this should not be drawn into converstaion in this site...

we are all here looking for help and support for our addiction..
          from others that have knowledge and experience far beyond any doctor or detox clinic could ever give us...
          How did you find MWO...???
          I bet the same as the vast majority of us did ...
          one night or day in front of the pc knowing it had to STOP...
          and searching desperatly for someone that would understand..
          and could help without judgement...
          I did not judge you
          I told you as it is.....

you intentionally put your child in danger by your intentional actions....
          the truth hurts...so use you energy to sort yourself out and stop looking to be mollycoddled for what you did....
          support is here if you want it...
          use your energy to listen to what people here are saying to you,
          rather that taking it as an attack...coz it's not....
          put all your strength and effort into getting free from the evil booze...coz that wot it is..
          not against us......

Comment

I let my Giant Beat me.

Uk blonde,

That sounds like quite a lesson you have learned and I am sure it is not one you particularly wanted to share, but you did so, so thank you.

Dizi, now you are just being a right pain in the ass. You are just not listening and have your rose coloured glasses on.

People dont waste anymore precious time on this, he simply is not listening. Use your valuable time and knowledge on the many people who wholeheartedly and openly need it

Regards Indy

Comment

I let my Giant Beat me.

Will any of you guarantee you will never drink again or make such a horrible error in judgement??? I will be the first in line to crown you holier than though if you can.

Personally I will put my time into helping some one get over the crucifixion that took place here when they were honest to share and clearly sorry for what they had done.

Call ME a shit disturber if you will. I don't give a flying fuck! And no--I am not drinking!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I let my Giant Beat me.

TO ALL THAT KICKED THIS MAN DIZ WHEN HE WAS DOWN..AND HAD THE BALL'S TO BE HONEST WITH US.. AND THEN YOU STAND HIGH AND TALL JUDGEING HIM.. SHAME ON YOU ALL ...I BETTER NOT FIND OUT THAT YOU HYPROCRITE'S DRINK AGAIN I WILL TORTURE YOU EXESPECALLY LADY JAN! TRUCKER

Comment

I let my Giant Beat me.

Well i over reacted and i apoligize to everyone.I had a bad day and got upset. I will keep my self out of this debate. Met to many great ppl here i was wrong to have acted this way sincerly Trucker DIZ I wish you the best in the future and everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                  X