X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120 days and onward and farewell.

Hi guys,

Today marks my 120 days AF.

Mightily proud of this achievement. I've beaten the devil this far that got the better of me last year when I caved in in my 3rd month.

A big, big thank you to all at MWO. I've struggled immensely at times and it was you dear people who helped me to stay on track. Who supported me.

I've decided to lay low for a while. I've spent way too much time on here and have neglected my life outside this virtual world. I've allways been called an all or nothing sort of person. I do something I give it 100% or don't do it at all. So my journey has been on MWO. I've failed to prioritise other things such as my work and family while spending hours and hours on here.

I love yous all dearly. I will face struggles and the odd cravings and I hope you will still welcome me warmly when I return and need some help. But I can't keep on doing this full time while in danger of losing my job due to non performance.

I'm sure you will understand this.

I won't be deactivating this account as I think made clear above, so Feel free to pop me a pm if the curiosity how good ol Johnnyh is doing gets too great I receive email notifications

Love you all and see you soon. I might be back sooner then you want me too. :H

Be blessed friends and thank you for everything.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

I know exactly what you mean and agree 100%. Tell brother Diz to read my post in his Giant thread b4 you go.

Comment

Wow, great post actually Bluey. Hadn't read it

I'll teall Diz when I see him. We wanted to do coffee sometimes during the week actually.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Well Johnny,
        I had a look back and you started a thread on the 3rd June 2009 when you had 93 days. I looked further and couldn't find another post until you came back on the 3rd May 2010. The thing that concerns me is that for me I see a pattern emerging as you now have 120 days and have decided to have a break.
        While I agree that we all have to make a life away from MWO and get on with other things, especially if you're posting from work.
        I have to say that for me my first priority for me is my sobriety. If that means I have to come back day after day then so be it.
        Please think again Johnny, a quick pop in, a quick hello to us. 120 days is no mean feat and your support to others is invaluable.
        J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Johnny your an amazing guy and I'm sure lots of people here will miss your wonderful sense of humour and your contributions when we are in need of help. I understand completely about neglecting job and family, MWO can be a full time joh . God bless and a warm welcome will always await you. Be strong and good luck on your journey.

Luv P xx :h
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

JohnnyH congratulations on your 120 thats marvelous.
            I totally understand your needing to take a break from MWO, it is addictive and many of us here have characters to match. Just be careful not to cut all ties because you will probably find you still need this support system more than you realise. I know that was the case personally. Good luck.
            Keep safe
            KTAB
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hey Johnny,

I'd like to second JC's post...

I do wish you well, my friend. Hamba Kahle.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oops: I almost forgot :H

Bloody well done on 120 days!!!
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I love South Africans. I would break my drought to wish you and Diz farewell. The second best Union players in the world are worthy of it.
                  Maybe a spirited rendition of 'Die Stem?' ( is that allowed any more?)
                  At the very least 'Sarie Marais'... would scare the hell out of the skollies.

It looks as if the swallows are returning to Capistrano...I'll see you both there.

The girls here are well able to hold the fort so we can drag our battle-worn arses out of it...to tell the truth, they are better at this game than us.

Comment

Amazing acomplishment Johnnyh. It s a shame you have to go... but I do understand that this site can be very addictive. Can you not limit your time on here? All the very best whatever you decide on doing. x
                    Be strong-
                    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Blue Heeler;909125 wrote:
                      Maybe a spirited rendition of 'Die Stem?' ( is that allowed any more?)
                      At the very least 'Sarie Marais'... would scare the hell out of the skollies.
                      Bluey, symbols like the old South African flag and Die Stem are relics of a past I think the vast majority South Africans are more than happy to have left behind them. We've moved on.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Wasn't meaning to foist it onto everyone Tip. Just a quiet reminisce. Past Glories in a way.
                        It's what they played when Jaap Becker and Kevin Skinner were going at it at Athletic Park.
                        Trafalgar Day is gone now too. A memory of different times.
                        Hang now!...then was much better, and I was much better and the world was much better.
                        Hope you get my drift Dude.

Comment

Johnny, I totally understand your need to spend less time on MWO and more time on being productive at work during the day. I was at a point like that myself a few months ago. Then a few days later we had the unfortunate news that MaryAnne had committed suicide and I got an e-mail telling me of the news so it was back to the boards for me. I too, spend more time than I should at MWO some days so I understand if you feel the need to devote more time to your family and outside activities. Just remember that we are all here to help out other members whenever they need our support. You got first-hand proof of that support on July 2nd and 3rd when you were going through a difficult time and the MWO family got you through it. Don't forget that that help is always here, day or night. Stop in once in a while even if just to read the posts.
                          Be strong,
                          Stirly
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good luck Johnny

Drop by from time to time just to let us know how you are doing.

Rustop

Comment

Johnny,

I too know what it is like to feel addicted to MWO....I am.

I did leave for a long while and during that time I decided to Mod after a year and a half of sobriety....and altho modding worked for me and I only had one or two drinks on a Fri and Sat....I couldn't see the point in doing it.....whats the point in having one or 2 drinks?? But I lost my year and a half of sobriety and had to go back to my day one, because in my book....even a sip of booze puts you back to square one.

I came back here when MA dies because I just needed to be close to the people here. I do realise that had I stayed i prob would not have gone done the mod route on the advice of others here..I am lucky that my modding worked but it could really have gone the other way....

I guess what I am trying to say is log and keep reading...you don't have to post but the inspiration and the information are here......

If you feel wobbly, get right back on here or I will hunt you down!!

WELL DONE on the 120 days!!
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X