DO YOU EVER POST WITH GLASS IN HAND?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, can't say that I post with a glass in hand.
    Actually I do my best to stay as far away from this site as possible if I cannot be without a drink.
    I feel like a hypicrate if I even access the site when drinking.
    I FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT MYSELF ONLY PLEASE NOTE, NOT OTHER PEOPLE.
    I feel everyone does what they need to get through life, and that is fair. I am not that open minded when it comes to my own behavior however.
    Peace out.

Comment

Hey 1967, I hear ya and in the year I have been on, it was the first time. Not a proud moment. Don't think I'll be doing that in the future. One has to have some limits... peace yerself !!
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

OK! Motorcyce Mama!

Soon to be Motorcycle Gramma right? When is the baby due exactly? And do you know the sex? Is this your son or your daughter that is expecting? My grandson keeps me going....I had him over last night for pizza, then gave him his bath, so much fun!

BTW~ what is your family business? Wine making? :H
        I sure am being nosy aren't I??

Sorry!! Have a wonderful trip and like I said......I'm insanely jealous!!
        Keep posting!!

Comment

I have read posts with wine in hand, with the intention of not posting...... then what do you know..... suddenly I have posted!! LOL. Nothing outrageous, but there you have it, so yep thats an affirmative from me. I am trying to be AF and have been on Topa for a while now, moding would not work for me. I have a long way to go.

Your road trip sounds magic.

Regards Indy

Comment

Hey Individal HZ thanks for your honesty.. we're not machines - we're human

Franziasgone - IT'S A GIRL !! Can't wait. The kids think hubby and I are completely off the wall but they keep coming back for more.... ha ha.

Family business is construction. I do the payroll, invoicing and pay bills, do security clearance because most of our business is with the Canadian Government business. You may or may not know that Ottawa is the capital of Canada (like Washington) and we have many gov building within a 20 minute drive so hubby does all the small (under $200,000) jobs for the gov buildings. We live on the Quebec side of the provincial border... check out a map. Anyways that's what we do. I feel like you are my 'REAL' friend Franz... BKYogagurl too. could we be real friends or are we just cyber friends...... hmmm... first time sticking to a chat room... I guess I am getting hooked.

Leaving Friday morning for the road trip.. too many loose ends to tie up business wise and emptying the fridge wise. Crossing the border at Sarnia (Detroit). Soon I'll be in your country gals. Same thing ... different culture. or not.

Waiting for those biker friends to arrive. Hubby's mowing the lawn. He actually asked me to watch him... let's get a life.

Onward and upward.

Tip (Deb)
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Uhmmmm.......
              I have to ask........why did your hubby want you to watch him mow the grass??

Comment

hmmmm well my first thought was maybe he's naked..... and the onward and upward thing well hmmmmmmm LOL

anyhoo....I hope you did well tonite... I know its tough with a crowd. I didn't do as well as I hoped but didn't do nearly as bad either. NO judgement right....My girlfriend recommended this horribly depressing movie which no excuses but you know what I mean.....

Sturgis... I have a relative and a friend who usually attend but not sure they will be there this year... that's a haul for you guys dang....drive really safe
                and just for the record we are "real" friends" and I am 41 going on 18 my husband will verify..

Comment

BK Girl~
                  I was going to suggest that too ~ in fact typed it but erased it! She DID say it was very hot in Canada.........:H

Comment

He wanted me to watch him mow the lawn in a half joking way because he loves being together. We've 'only' been together for 8 years and it's still 'new'... lots of fun.

Last night we had a bottle and a bit of wine split between us with dinner and when the company arrived at 9:00 I switched to Chai Tea.. praying that it didn't have any caffeine in it (didn't). So I was semi-good. But very good for me.

Glad you are not beating yourself up about having a few last night. You did what you could under the cirmstances. Hubby wanted to bet me $5000 that I would drink during our vacation when I suggested that I wouldn't. First of all the $5000 would be from our joint bank account which defeats the purpose and secondly I am not too motivated by money... vacations, concerts, but not money. He was not being critical; he just knows my willpower sucks and I am very easy on myself. Between us on this site I would be so amazed at myself if I could pull it off just to prove for once and for all to myself that I can do it. I just want to make sure I don't put a damper on his trip by being the boring sober one. Know what I mean. I'll think about it but do intend on being as moderate as one can be on vacation.

Sturgis and Route 66 here we come.
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

For the record when he dyes my hair (he likes to do this and he's a real biker looking kinda guy) I make him do it naked using the staining power of the dye as my excuse. I sit, he stands, get the picture... Hope I am not being too riskee for this site...
                      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

ya know~ we are adults and I have been married for 11 years together even longer and if I want to make a few riskee remarks I feel I am old enough and stable enough to do so... I hope you feel the same... that is some funny hair dye-ing stuff.... and awesome that he does it. Its nice to have people to share a laugh with along with the complications of life...thanks I appreciate you guys

Let's keep a thread or post somewhere so we don't lose touch cause its fun talking about day to day stuff intertwined with our journey with alcohol. I must admit I drank to many lite beers last nite, I didn't count. Not enough to have a hangover. I actually feel great today, I just know that I should not have drank that many. But I am not going to hate myself, I am going to start a new day and make my kids bacon & pancakes with white chocolate chips as requested and start new again with love in my heart for myself. I will smile in the mirror and recognize the beauty within myself. I know I might be sounding a little deep but I am feeling it so I guess I will go with it.
                        Great day to you guys!
                        hugs

Comment

No, we won't tolerate you beating yourself up over over-indulging. Today is a new day. Less is better but we all have the best intentions or we wouldn't be here right.

Ya, love this thread and so glad you girls are enjoying it too. All day I have been wavering from wanting to be moderate and abstinate while on vacation but knowing myself moderation is more achievable. So no more than two standard drinks a day while on the road trip. Sounds reasonable to me.

I feel that I am getting a level of understanding here that is unique. I think we are a group of like-minded individuals. We don't consider ourselves to have hit rock bottom and we are in prevention mode in trying to moderate ourselves. Alot of people on MWO are really hurting and my heart goes out to them in that they have lost so much due to this nastyness called alcohol. I want to continue to be hyper-aware of the progressive nature of this beast. Keeping it at bay is what I am trying to do.

Instead of starting a new thread maybe I'll journal my road trip here so I don't lose my contacts that I have enjoyed sharing with. You guys are who I want to talk to. We can chat it up along the way and encourage each other.

You Americans can help me find my way through your vast, beautiful country. Can't wait for tommorrow at 6:a.m.
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

your road trip thread

Tipp ~
                            Why don't you post to both? I'm sure some others would get a kick out of a Route 66 trip that haven't looked at this thread.......IDK....just a thought.

Oh~ and BTW~ my hubby and I were out running errands and we went to the beauty supply for hair dye!!

Comment

Franz~ you are to funny...:H

yep this thread is great! Its comfortable. And I agree unique in the essense that we are at the same spot. :thanks:

I have had a great day with my kids...unproductive but good. I am looking forward to hearing about your journey Tip and the goings on with you Franz and whoever else might find themselves fitting in with us. Hoping for a moderate night tonite or nothing at all.
                              Happy Trails Tip~

Happy Dye-ing Franz~ just wondering? do you dye the drapes to match the carpet? or vise versa?

Comment

yikes, what are you implying... LOL !!! Try nude dying.. it's more fun than it sounds. All packed up and hot, hot hot. Our cottage is not air conditioned. May sleep in the motor home tonight. It's got A/C. Tommorrow we go. Glad to hear about your great day BKOYG. Being productive is not what it's cracked up to be. Kids don't care as long as Mom's happy.

Good idea Franz... look for it in Long Term Moderation as that's my vision !! Night night.
                                Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X