Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is The Battle Over? Has All Been Said And Done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont think I can take any more lease:
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Jan I would not have been included in the hug even if the driving part hadn't happened. I just can't bring myself to hug over a planned drunk. I WILL try to help revise a plan that isn't working and offer support in that manner if it is so desired.

As for the riff in general, this stuff happens. We don't always see eye-to eye on things. That can certainly be expected. As for some people taking the opportunity to take a break from here, I get that. Good for them. They probably needed it anyway and a situation presented to help move them in that direction. Some folks are here with a lot of AF time behind them and are here giving and giving and giving..... You can get depleted you know. A re-energize and re-set is a very appropriate thing to do.

If we are talking about Sheri taking a break, I sincerely hope she only takes a break and comes back. She is nothing short of an invaluable resource here.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Blue Heeler;911896 wrote: OOPS...I was sleeping at the wheel. No bayonets allowed lovely.
        Diz...ignore this post...it was very naughty and not in the spirit of reconciliation.Fortunately it is promised to be the only one and no more will be said about it by this poster.well you sent me the pm inviting me here....
        I speak only the truth and with zero intention to hurt..
        just to claify facts..
        and too also wish that this would stop...
        and don't say "why am I continuing it"
        because he still hasn't got it..thats why.....
        that I was NOT out to attack him or hurt him, why the hell should I..??
        Chillgirl;911898 wrote:
        Dont think I can take any more lease:
        sorry chill...but thats me...I do NOT post to hurt but to try to help..and diz needs to face the fact of WHY we all spoke, and it was NOT a peronal attack on him

Comment

It was promised to be her 'first and last post on this thread'...it wasn't.
          Sad. Some people just don't know when to quit.

Comment

It is important to see the good in all as there are blessings in every aspect of our reality, and the potential for grace exists in all beings.

Our perception shapes the lives we lead because the universe adjusts itself almost instantly to our expectations. When we look for negativity, we are bound to come across it in abundance. Conversely, we create positive energy when we endeavor to see the goodness around us. As easy as it is to criticize the people and situations that frustrate or hurt us, we do ourselves a disservice in the process. It is important to see the good in all as there are blessings hiding in every aspect of our outer-world reality, and the potential for grace exists in all human beings. When our lives are flooded with challenges, grief, and pain, we may be tempted to believe that some individuals or incidents are simply bad. But if we look for the good in all, good reveals itself to us, easing our doubts and reminding us that the universe is a place of balance.

Just reading that today, sounds good to me.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Excellent post, Mario - thank you.

Can this game please stop, because that is what it has become. We are going from the ridiculous to the absurd.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mario;911941 wrote: It is important to see the good in all as there are blessings in every aspect of our reality, and the potential for grace exists in all beings.

Our perception shapes the lives we lead because the universe adjusts itself almost instantly to our expectations. When we look for negativity, we are bound to come across it in abundance. Conversely, we create positive energy when we endeavor to see the goodness around us. As easy as it is to criticize the people and situations that frustrate or hurt us, we do ourselves a disservice in the process. It is important to see the good in all as there are blessings hiding in every aspect of our outer-world reality, and the potential for grace exists in all human beings. When our lives are flooded with challenges, grief, and pain, we may be tempted to believe that some individuals or incidents are simply bad. But if we look for the good in all, good reveals itself to us, easing our doubts and reminding us that the universe is a place of balance.

Just reading that today, sounds good to me.
                mario, where did you read that?
                sigpic

Comment

dizilizid;911655 wrote: I'm here blue. But i've built up walls and i'm never goin to be as honest as i was last time. That's what i think sucks. I couldn't be honest. I thought this site was all about honesty. Now i realise it's just about tellin people what they wanna hear. So i'm back. I've taken my boat back too. These scallywags haven't even waited to see if i was properly dead before they took my ship over. Anyway. I don't wanna fight. I hate fightin. I'm back and i'm not takin any shit from anyone who thinks they are better than the next. I'm the mediator. I'm the control of evenis. So don't mess with me. Don't think you're better than everyone else, cause if you do, you will be taken out. Also, to everyone... Do not put your honesty onto this thread, less yea want to be broken down by the masses. Just a kind warnin. I was martyrd for my honesty. But i will never allow myself to be that open again. Hope you've all learned from my mistake. Love you all that stood by me. Seriously. I love you all. You gave me the strength to come back.

I was sent a PM as well asking for my support on this thread. If the person who sent it had read my posts, then they would know why I was so upset with the incident that occurred. I have been talking to many members these last few days and generally most of them are of the same mind. Just what Jan wrote. It wasn't the drinking we were upset about. I have no wish to stir things up further and it would be wonderful if we could go back to last Saturday and none of this would have come to a head. But it has and some people may want to think about lowering the tone of their posts.
                  In Dizi's post above I have highlighted a couple of his comments to try and get my point across. First the comment about not being honest and open on this forum, that people only want to be told what they want to hear. An open forum will have people from all walks of life with varied beliefs. However, I really don't think it is reasonable that we can expect unconditional support no matter what we have done. That is what I think you expected Dizi. That you would be told it's okay. Just get up and on with it. You didn't like the fact that some people were shocked and angered by what you had done. Dizi, I think you
                  only wanted us
                  to tell you what you
                  wanted to hear. You say that you are a God-loving Christian and I have no reason to doubt your word. But in the above post you threaten. The words are yours, not mine.
                  I wrote a true story to try and get my point across about the drunk driving part. From the posts made yesterday, I see many members are still outraged by the fact that many of us would not simply give Dizi a pat on the hand and tell him that everything is okay. You have every right to take sides with Dizi on this matter but I would like to ask you a question and I hope that you will answer in all honesty. I'm going to tell a fabrication this time to show you what I mean.
                  You and I are next door neighbours. We each have an eight-year old boy who are best friends and in the same class at school. Our kids are going to be in a school play and rehearsal is Thursday evening. We're talking on Monday and I say that I'll pick up the kids after rehearsal. You agree. You see me on Wednesday and ask him if I'm still going to be able to pick up the kids and I says yes.
                  Thursday evening you're waiting for me to bring the kids home and you hear this crash outside. You go out and find that in my attempt to turn into my driveway, I've missed by a couple of metres and knocked over the garbage can. I get out of the car obviously drunk, staggering a little and slurring my words. I knew I had to go pick up the kids and yet I drank to the point of being drunk and went and got them anyway.
                  Can you in all honesty tell me that you would have been so lenient with a person, a parent, who put both his child and yours at such danger by driving drunk with them in the car? Can you put your hand on your heart and say that you would have forgiven me because I said I felt like shit?
                  Personally, I would not have been able to do that. Someone purposefully put my child's life in danger. That, to me, is unacceptable.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

greeneyes;911952 wrote: mario, where did you read that?
                    My daily om emails some of them are brilliant,and they help me get some perspective on life

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mario;911960 wrote: My daily om emails some of them are brilliant,and they help me get some perspective on life
                      The are!!! I get daily om and suspected it was from there. I'm have a little catching up to do with my e-mail.
                      sigpic

Comment

stirly-girly;911953 wrote: I was sent a PM as well asking for my support on this thread. If the person who sent it had read my posts, then they would know why I was so upset with the incident that occurred. I have been talking to many members these last few days and generally most of them are of the same mind. Just what Jan wrote. It wasn't the drinking we were upset about. I have no wish to stir things up further and it would be wonderful if we could go back to last Saturday and none of this would have come to a head. But it has and some people may want to think about lowering the tone of their posts.
                        In Dizi's post above I have highlighted a couple of his comments to try and get my point across. First the comment about not being honest and open on this forum, that people only want to be told what they want to hear. An open forum will have people from all walks of life with varied beliefs. However, I really don't think it is reasonable that we can expect unconditional support no matter what we have done. That is what I think you expected Dizi. That you would be told it's okay. Just get up and on with it. You didn't like the fact that some people were shocked and angered by what you had done. Dizi, I think you only wanted us to tell you what you
                        wanted to hear. You say that you are a God-loving Christian and I have no reason to doubt your word. But in the above post you threaten. The words are yours, not mine.
                        I wrote a true story to try and get my point across about the drunk driving part. From the posts made yesterday, I see many members are still outraged by the fact that many of us would not simply give Dizi a pat on the hand and tell him that everything is okay. You have every right to take sides with Dizi on this matter but I would like to ask you a question and I hope that you will answer in all honesty. I'm going to tell a fabrication this time to show you what I mean.
                        You and I are next door neighbours. We each have an eight-year old boy who are best friends and in the same class at school. Our kids are going to be in a school play and rehearsal is Thursday evening. We're talking on Monday and I say that I'll pick up the kids after rehearsal. You agree. You see me on Wednesday and ask him if I'm still going to be able to pick up the kids and I says yes.
                        Thursday evening you're waiting for me to bring the kids home and you hear this crash outside. You go out and find that in my attempt to turn into my driveway, I've missed by a couple of metres and knocked over the garbage can. I get out of the car obviously drunk, staggering a little and slurring my words. I knew I had to go pick up the kids and yet I drank to the point of being drunk and went and got them anyway.
                        Can you in all honesty tell me that you would have been so lenient with a person, a parent, who put both his child and yours at such danger by driving drunk with them in the car? Can you put your hand on your heart and say that you would have forgiven me because I said I felt like shit?
                        Personally, I would not have been able to do that. Someone purposefully put my child's life in danger. That, to me, is unacceptable.
                        Absolutley what I was trying to get across...

if he planned to drink while sober
                        why the hell didn't he plan while sober, for somebody else to pick up his baby child...

the planning to buy drink and get as drunk as poss, had nothing to do with our response..
                        shit we are all alcoholics and done it...that's why we all are here......

he should just face up to being told as it is, and thats it...over.....
                        end of story...

and blue, you pulled me here..what the hell else did you expect........
                        we are talking about an innocent childs life...

you pm'd to me and others knowing we would respond in this manner.........

I have been thru hell after losing my child, nearly forever,
                        but thru acceptance of the fact I fucked up bad, and acted on it, with very hard work and the wonderful support and advice from friends at MWO
                        and yes getting kicks up the butt..they helped sometimes more than the mollycoddeling..
                        tough love..does work....when necessary
                        truth hurts..but it makes you see clear what you did wrong.......!!!

Comment

"God's will, not thine be done"

Time to stop playing God and let things take their natural course. Period.

Many Blessings
                          Phil
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Reggie;912030 wrote: THIS THREAD IS CLOSED
                            I second that whole heartedly............

Comment

Could everyone please shut the fuck up?!

Thank you.

Comment

I gather that this post has soured ! What happened !?! Let's all play nice....We need to get sober ! That's the real threat to us ! Fight for soberity....that's are main problem !! Take Care ! IAD
                                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X