AF? Mod? Life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF? Mod? Life?

I am celebrating 40 days of sobriety today!

:goodjob:

Maybe I should buy a Cliff Richard CD for the first time!!!

This journey of mine seems to be more uncomfortable for my still-drinking-friends than for me? They don't get it that I still pour the drinks, suggest a certain wine with dinner, etc. But? That is their issue, I choose not to own it...

Wednesday eve, I went out to dinner with a "girl friend", she has loved me for 10 years. Yes, we enjoyed AL together, AND she is a "soul-friend". I checked with the restaurant's owner when I booked a table for us, what AF drinks they had. Not happy with the AF wine-list, I told him, that I will bring my own beverage, as I am not a juice or soda lady! AND, that I refuse to pay any corkage fee! How is that for arrogant/confident? LOL

Thank you MWO, and all my friends here!!!

So, as we arrived, he came over for a chat (the owner), and promised me that he will adjust the wine-list within a week!

Is it not my "right", to enjoy a drink of my choice???

:l

He knows I am a good customer, so, I thought it very nice of him! BTW, I call it my kiddy-wines!!!! Elderflower and lemon, pomegranate and green tea... I don't feel deprived at all!

So! Minority groups are gaining more and more "rights", and I decided to claim mine!!!!

Have a good week-end! And no! I won't buy that 40-Days CD, my teen-aged sons will never forgive me!!!!

Love to all

xxx

AF? Mod? Life?

Well done 40 days Sol - and also well done demanding our rights to 'kiddy-wines'!! Wish I was that brave - actually, maybe I am, these days I can do allsorts! Sober is brilliant!
    Molly:goodjob:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

AF? Mod? Life?

Good for you Sol!!! Wow, I am so proud to hear you "stand up for your rights" so to speak. That's a great sign you can already publicly "come out" to a restaurant owner by asking for AF wine. I love how accommodating he was as well. That's something we don't expect. A few months back I went to a concert at House of Blues, and when I ordered a plain cranberry juice, the bartender said bring it back and he'd give me as many free refills as I wanted. And again, congrats on 40 days, and I wish you the best in the future! :h
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
      X