Hobbies - what is yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbies - what is yours?

OK. So I am concentrating on getting mentally fit and need to put the remote control down and DO SOMETHING. But what?

Tell me what you do for relaxation and entertainment. What hobbies do you do? Tell me anything and everything. I need some ideas as I keep coming up blank when asked what I like to do.

Oh, and keep it clean guys.....

Thanks.

Hipster
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Hobbies - what is yours?

Hi HC,
    We are in the same time zone & hell even in the same State in the same country so should touch base more often!!!
    I am lucky enough to live on a farm to indulge my passion of riding horses.
    I have 2 quarterhorses & ride in competitive campdrafting.
    Riding is my stress-valve & as it is sunny right now, reminds me i should get off my arse, away from this key board, away from this computer outta this house & into the saddle!

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

hi hc. thanks for posting this as i love to try new things so i will be interested in the responses. my main hobby is caravanning and i also do a bit of cake decorating for bithdays etc.

my family sometimes rib me because i always try stuff then throw it away. past attempted hobbies include:

knitting, sewing, painting, gardening, airfix kits. latchhook rug making, card making....the list goes on. i'm gonna try calligraphy next!:H

hope you find something you love x
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

well so much for sounding all energetic.
        i go outside, it's pretty cool, crisp even....hell no, it's arctic in fact, freeze the gonads off a brass monkey & the horses look so snug in their rugs & the fire's nearly gone out so lazy ole moi back in here mysteriously drawn back to aforementioned puter & keyboard.
        i am not at all crafty, hippy chick unlike these creative posters above.
        the only thing i can make is a mess.
        reggie, i'm going to look up that link right now!

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

d'ya know Hips, I just came up blank! Like Girly, I've tried painting, knitting, jigsaws, gardening and on and on, and very quickly everything just bores me! I would love an all consuming passion for a hobby (drink used to fill the bill!!) so will keep a good eye on this site for ideas!
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

[QUOTE=beagle;913361
            i am not at all crafty, hippy chick unlike these creative posters above.
            the only thing i can make is a mess.

ha ha me too beagle! i try all these things but they always end up in the bin, not looking at all like they should, but hey i'll try anything once haha. my hubby just shakes his head when i announce my latest fad as if to say..how much will it cost THIS time:H
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

you are way too kind to me sir reg.:blush:

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

bit of everything for me. not particularly good at any of them but it keeps me out of mischief
                juggling, its relaxing cos you cant think of anything else when trying to keep balls in the air (try it to music), wood whittling, all you need is a bit of wood and a penknife,knitting/crochet, yoga (of course), glass painting, making stuff outa papier mache (great fun and gloriously messy).... the list could go on... i may post some more. i can truly say im never bored, if i am ill read a book. as i said im not particularly good at any of them but its fun trying... think my friends may be bored of my home made pressies... oh and cakes as well (if i dont eat them first)
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Spuds you forgot SLEEPING! :H
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Just made muffins, does that count? maple syrup and sultana ones
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

i love making muffins too mollyka - the maple syrup ones sound great!
                      actualy i like cooking too come to think of it .
                      so yep that's another hobby.
                      but i'm hardly Masterchef standard!

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

I like to get out in the woods. I do some letterboxing which puts me there in a goal-oriented fashion. Atlas Quest: A Letterboxing Community So does flyfishing. Otherwise just the regular old stuff... books, cooking, crosswords...
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

guitar playing, or learning (badly) to play an instrument, making things out of craft clay, gardening, jigsaws, SLEEPING (thanks for the reminder chill) how did i ever find time for drinking.

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Hippy Chick, this is so normal for us I believe.

Natalie Rogers (the daughter of Carl Rogers [considered the founder of Person Centred Therapy]) suggests that when we lose that spark for creativity, out of that can arise our addictions and obsessions. So even things we do that we find enjoyment in, they may not necessarily inspire us creatively to take them up as hobbies. I for instance enjoy reading a book from time to time. Someone else may see this a hobby because it inspires them creatively to use their imagination.

It took me a long while to find what inspired me creatively because I'd spent so long obsessing over drink and drugs. When I gave up the drink and drugs and I too was asked what I enjoy doing, everything related to things I used to do when I was caught up actively using drugs and drinking. I didn't really have a clue. Apart from the fact I'm a musician, I didn't really know what inspired me other than playing music and listening to music. Yet I always related that to either "going to a live gig (off my face of course!)" "going to a rave (totally off my face, of course!)" "writing music at my keyboard (beers, wine and a joint or two or three, of course!) EVERYTHING related to drink and drugs in some way because that's where my obsession lay.

Now that I'm free of that obsession I enjoy singing, creative writing, playing my djembe and listening to music and the experience I have of these things is completely different to when I was drinking and using. I'm actually training to use one of my hobbies (hand drumming) as a vocation today! I've always wanted to achieve this, where my job inspires me creatively so I actually want to get up in the mornings and 'go to work' (so as to speak).

So ask yourself, what are you inspired by? What 'turns you on' creatively? If you can answer these questions then I'm sure you can find your own hobbies. By all means take on board suggestions but ultimately the final "say so" will come from how you experience these things for yourself. Remain open to changing your hobbies too. If they no longer inspire you then what's the point in continuing to do them?!! That's where I feel we fall back into the realm of obsessions.

Many Blessings
                            Phil
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

phil,, that is so true. you always put it down in such a thoughtful insightful way.

Comment

Working...
                              X