Hobbies - what is yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbies - what is yours?

Yes Spud, he certainly has a way with words. By the way Phil, what is a djembe?
    Girly - I have never thought of caligraphy
    Reggie - I thought you were taking the piss at first, but I checked out that website and people actually do tie knots for fun.... Strange. Might have to try a munters mule. Sounds like a cocktail, doesnt it. Or is that Moscow Mule?
    Molly - I'm with you. I get bored quickly. Although not with my previous hobby - drinking.
    Greeneyes - I have never heard of letterboxing. It sounds pretty well organised.
    Beagle - horseriding is one thing I have to do. The last time I was on a horse I was thrown off and have been abit scared to get back on. So maybe it's time...
    I think you are right Phil. I need to find what inspires me and start there. I love looking at a good photograph of a landscape, so maybe I could learn photography.
    I think now the fog is starting to lift, I will be able to think clearer and listen to my thoughts and feelings.
    Thanks for your suggestions. Keep them coming....
    HC
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Hi Hippy. My avatar is of me playing my djembe. It's an African drum usually made from Mahogany with stretched goat skin for the playing area.

The photography sounds great by the way! Very creative and inspiring, plus it gets you out in nature! Best place to chill out and re-charge the batteries!
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

I love music from Africa (I had the pleasure of going there about twenty years ago - see my avatar of me and a silverback in Rwanda). Also love music from Thailand, Japan and Venezula/the Andes/South America.
        Thanks for showing me that. I didnt know what they were called.
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

That is a beautiful drum! Perhaps I will try that!

Hey Hippy Chick,

I know this may sound redundant, I do not have many hobbies either. Something that I love to do is put on my IPOD loaded with all my favorite upbeat songs and powerwalk/run. When I walk/run with the music, I find that my body just floats along and its really fun! I like to get lost in the music, I do not even feel like I am exercising. Perhaps this is an old suggestion but I could not live without my walks, they elevate everything and put my body and mind in a happy peaceful place.

Good Luck finding something that makes you happy!
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Thanks Overit. I love to put my ipod on when I am doing the housework. It makes it go quicker!

I'll tell you about a blonde moment I had while doing that recently but promise you wont tell anyone else.......
            I had my ipod on so loud one time and was vacuuming. I had done two rooms when the music changed to the next song so it went quiet. Then I realised that the vacuum wasnt even turned on!!!!:H:H
            I finally got it!

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Hahaha... Thats hillarious!!! Definately a BLONDE moment!!

I have all the music I used to listen to at the rave clubs on my IPOD (music I used to do ectasy with YEARS ago) So now I look like this crazy lady when I go on my walks or at the gym cuz a song comes on that gives me a rave club flashback and I get all loud singing and dancing to it. I dont care if I look like a freak or not, Im having fun.

Now thats a good idea... The IPOD and the housework! I had not thought of that one!

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

I'm with beagle... my horses are my hobby, I suppose. And that weed infested garden I haven't touched in days And the grand peanut is taking up quite a bit of time, too, now. Not that I'm suggesting your pre-teen presents you with a grand peanut! :egad:

Oh.. and don't feel bad about the blonde moment... I once cheerfully decided to finally get that vacuuming done, since the power was out and I couldn't work... duh!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Yeah.. How bout you have a baby Hippie Chick? That could be a new hobby! (JUST KIDDING!!!)

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

There's a plan Hipster - NEW BABY:yay:
                    Love the hoover story!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

I write and perform stand up comedy, and also perform improvisational comedy, I'm trying to get a sketch troop together at the moment too. It is a wonderful way to be creative and focus my thoughts, it is also a good channel for my slightly narcissistic tendencies, don't get me wrong, I'm not a pain in the arse, just a bit of a show off. I think writing of any kind is a wonderful way to focus the mind, that is one of the great things about MWO, one has an opportunity to express relevant thoughts and idea's to an interested group of fairly kindred spirits.
                      "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Johnny I have to admit I do like writing here. Never thought about it as a hobby though. I think you are very brave getting up on stage and performing. I could never do that.

A baby????? I am 46 years old, my husband is 54. I have a step son who is 30 and one and a half step grandpeanuts.......

Oh yeah, and my husband has had the snip!!! Anymore reasons why that is a DUMB suggestion!!!:H
                        I finally got it!

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

get a gorrilla.. i have one you can adpot
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Spoilsport Hippy. Ok get a gorrillla - actually Spuds that is one ugly gorrilla!
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hobbies - what is yours?

Gardening, and, lately, watering LOL!
                              I also learned to crochet 2 years ago and that is a blast. Keeps my mind and my hands busy, too busy to drink. Drinking and crochet don't mix well, LOL!
                              I read a lot.. enjoy exercising (well, maybe "enjoy" is too strong a word :H). I love spengin time with my dogs. They think my petting them should be my hobby.
                              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
                              X