Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Utube clip on Women and Alcohol

Hiya All
    I wanted to share this short clip with you all. I found it gave me a great feeling of hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0X2aRnYL4E[/video]]YouTube - Alcohol: A Women's Health Issue
    I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Thank you Gidget. It was inspirational. I liked the point that admission to being an alcoholic should hold no shame.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Gidget,

Thank you for posting this. What I took away from the video was a re-enforcement of a point we frequently talk about here at MWO. That is when you give up drinking you are not losing something, which it can feel like when you first start out. You are getting so much of yourself back.
      While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thank you Gidget, That was a very good video and reminder of why we are doing this.
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Appreciate the link, Gidget. I agree with the woman who said, "You gotta give yourself a chance."

Comment

That's a really good link - thanks for sharing Gidget! I imagine if we made a My Way Out video, it would be a lot like that one with a message of hope.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the video. This is defently going to help me in my MOD plan and eventually quit.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I too loved the statement "Dont leave before the miracle happens". Very powerful and gives us hope.
                Thanks for that.
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                X