X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all thank you MWO members!

Hi,
    :new:

I look forward to being active in this community, and have to thank all of you for your posts as I've been lurking around here for a while. MWO came up in my googling while I was doing an enormous amount of research after having spent a third and unsuccessful inpatient stay in rehab. I'll delve into my story another time (and in the proper forum), but in the meantime, HERE I AM, and I'm excited for the future!

Thanks again for all of your informative posts... I hope I can give back to this community, too.

Daz

Hi & welcome light of daz you have come to great place, with lots of support and good advice,read as much as you can,share your thoughts and feelings and you will see you are not alone,hope to see you around Good luck.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Daz,

Welcome! I've never been to rehab but would be interested to know why you think it doesn't work for you.

Sounds like it's time for a new approach - I hope this site helps you!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

welcome daz!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Daz! Nice to meet you!! Looking forward to learning more about you!

L.A. huh? Wow, now that a city full of temptations I just bet! But a beautiful city too!

Overit
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

:welcome: LOD

What a great attitude to start out with! Very best wishes and looking forward to knowing more of your story. :l
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hiya Daz...
              welcome into the gang..I like you went into detox three times..first time I came out I felt so good I thought I would stick at it..
              but I didn't have any after support
              each time next I don't think I truly had it in my heart I was gonna stop..
              just to get better and then start again..

the big difference came when I found this site, same as you searching for answers & help I knew I just knew I couldn't do it alone..

this site and the friends I have made with all their support saved my life and helped me to get my son back..
              it is truly a so strong support here..
              we all understand what it's like, and all the feelings...
              stay and join in with us.:l

Comment

Hey Daz, Nice to have you here. It's a great place and is truly helping me to stay sober. Looking forward to getting to know you.

"The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

:welcome: Daz - I look forward to reading your posts and I hope you find the support here as good as I have.
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Daz welcome. I too have been to detox and rehab. I relasped shortly after my IOP. Since starting here, I am 64 days alcohol free. Looking forward to getting to know you better. This is a great place.
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Daz and welcome. I think that you will find this site very helpful, there are many caring and knowledgeable people here. All the best,
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Wow... thanks everyone! I already feel so welcome.

I'll be posting more as time goes on, but will do so in the appropriate forums/threads. Quick version of my story: I'm an alcoholic/addict; been through two detox centers, three residential rehabs; I've AA'd, NA'd, CA'd, CMA'd, and RR'd. Still active in AA, and started on Baclofen two months ago and cannot believe the results. So that's the short of it. Oh, and I'm now tobacco free (on the patch).

Can't wait to read & post galore on here... thanks again for the warm welcome.

Daz

Comment

Welcome Daz!
                          While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Welcome! Now you can add MWO'd to your list! :H
                            Hope to see you around
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                            X