I hope my apology can be accepted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dizi sending you lots of love and strength.
    Hippy
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Dizi,

This is a site for drunks.

Sometimes those who "live" here decide what others can say or do. I don't.

I have been one of those who has said really stupid things while posting drunk.

I dislike immensely when those who post drunk do "drama" stuff but I tolerate it.

You are forgiven from my computer but I doubt it matters.

There are many here who will not.

Listen to those who care and avoid those who don't. Some are not as far down the "elevator" as others and some are much lower than you.

Just keep on posting. Keep on trying.

As a very dear friend of mine told me. "Just don't give up trying to give up." He never judged what others posted or said. He just wanted us all to get sober.

I stand by his creed.

I want us all to get sober.

I will not judge.

You are forgiven by me.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oh Dizi,
        I totally understand where you were coming from.. I was defensive too when I received some "tough love" in one of my threads..
        I have also drunk-driven.. before my son was born, and I was lucky that no-one was hurt.. you are totally forgiven by me, and it seems like you have lots of support from others here too..
        AL makes us do things we all regret.. and we want to change, which is why we are here. and you too.. at least you are getting help..
        Katie xxx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Dizi, I am so glad to read this post. As you know, I was one of the members here who spoke out so strongly against your actions. It took a lot of courage for you to write this apology. Good for you.
          I also know that you are being baptized today and that it is a very special day for you and your family. May the same strength it took for you to come back and write this post, accompany you in your journey through life.
          Peace be with us all.
          Stirly
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Diz you are an inspiration!
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Diz-Thanks so much for your honesty. I know all of the replies and new threads stemming from your original post caused a lot of angst, but I have to say that all of them have been invaluable to me. I admit that when I read the first doses of "tough love" my initial reaction was that people were throwing stones and being way too harsh on you. Then I realized as I kept reading that it was harsh, yes, but true and exactly what you (and I, and anyone like us--people trying to stay sober) need. It just made me uncomfortable to read what people were saying to you because it hit close to home--I've driven drunk. No one wants to feel like they're being judged, but it's so very important for our recoveries to be held accountable...if everyone here was an enabler, how would anyone get sober? I know being coddled by myself and people in my life hasn't done anything good for me so far.

I think it took a lot of courage to come back and apologize. Very inspiring to me.

I was also impressed (and touched, actually) with how much time people like Girly and Sheri took to clearly express their thoughts...I can't tell you how much your posts on this subject helped me. Thanks so much!
              Tomorrow's another day.

Comment

Dizy I was just thinking about you on my walk this morning. I am so glad you are back. Your post took a lot of courage and integrity.

Now, let's beat this thing!!!
                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Dizi, a very brave and courageous post - it'll be good to have you back!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Well, I never read the post and have no idea for what you are apologizing, but my hat is off to you. It takes a real grown up to eat humble pie. (Or rhubarb pie if you listen to Prairie Home Companion on the radio...)

Hope all is well in the future, you sound like you've wiped the slate clean.

"No matter what your past, your future is spotless"
                    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Dizi.
                      Consider it done.
                      Onward and upward!
                      prancy

Comment

hi diz
                        i did'nt get involved in the thread cause i don't like drama but i did read it.
                        all i can say is respect to you, you are a true gentleman
                        draggy
                        life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Good on you, Dizi!

It took courage. I salute you for that.
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                          X