My getting sober journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My getting sober journal

I just finished reading Thomas carrs " the easyway to quit drinking" Everything he says makes absolute sense . There is no benefit for me to drink. In moderation or not. So, now that I have finished the book I am supposed to have my final drink and be done with it forever, but I'm going to skip that part of the book. I want to be done NOW!!! I do not want to live in a prison any longer. i want my freedom back. As soon as I finished the book the addict monster in my head got a bit nervous, but I feel ok right now.
    So, I am now off to partake in my two biggest triggers. One is dancing, the other is bartending. I am looking to forward to coming home tonight and posting that I made it through sober. I don't need to drink tonight or any other night for that matter. I am not losing out by not drinking. I am gaining self respect. I discovered this week that the things that actually bring mr true joy were swimming at the lake, yoga, ballet, and crossing off those things I never get around to doing on my "to do" list. I didn't drink while doing any of those things and felt GREAT!
    So, obviously I'm still scared or I wouldn't be posting on here, but I can do this. I'm so glad I found this site. I can't share in AA or group. Not even particularly keen on talking to a therapist one on one. Just not my thing.
    So, here's to day one. I'll let you know how it goes.
    AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

My getting sober journal

Welcome Blues!
    Hope your night went well and soberly!
    Come back and let us know how you got on. Check out the 'Newbies Nest' thread as well - lots of us folks muddling along helping eachother
    Molly:welcome:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

My getting sober journal

Hi Blues,

How are you this morning? I too am using the Easyway method, but it's not the only thing in my arsenal. So glad you found us here at MWO. Hope to see you back again soon.

Pie

Comment

My getting sober journal

Everything went great. I took an l-glut and l-tryptophan before I went to work because I was feeling alittle anxious, by the time I got to work I was perfectly relaxed. For the first time in 10 months I did not obsess about drinking. I have no idea why, but I'll take it. Back at work now, feeling fine except that I would rather be anywhere but here. So, I think I will start exploring new career options as I havn't been happy working in bars for a long, long, time.

Blues
        AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

My getting sober journal

Made it through day 2 without too much discomfort.Today's my friday so feeling a little anxious. Just keep trying to remind myself that one drink today will mean drunk by weds.
          AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

My getting sober journal

Hi Blues,

Congrats on Days 1 & 2! Do you have a plan for yourself this "weekend?"

Pie

Comment

My getting sober journal

Yes Pie. Here's my plan.

1) Make sure I take my l-glut and l-tryptophan BEFORE I go to work. I didn't take it till I got to work today and came dangerously close to slipping.

2) Read Easyway every morning and night

3) I leave my phone on the forums while I'm at work. I can read through a thread quickly and no one notices

4) I'm taking most of the supplements from 7 weeks to sobriety

5) Exercise, Exercise, Exercise

And I keep trying to remind myself that I had four years of sobriety before so I can make it one day. And as an extra precautinary measure I have ordered Antabuse. So, just for today. I'm not going to drink. I will worry about tommorow...tommorow.

Blues
              AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

My getting sober journal

Your plan ROCKS Blues! Keep up the good work.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My getting sober journal

You must know quite a bit about what works for you if you had four years! Glad you're here for support. I love number three on your plan. May have to give that one a try myself!

Pie

Comment

Working...
                  X