Nelson Mandela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelson Mandela

Madiba is 92 today, the 18th of July! It also marks the first International Mandela Day, where he asked that every person spends 67 minutes today serving community. That symbolises the 67 years that he spent fighting for freedom in this country!

What a man!

Happy birthday Madiba! Thank you for the huge difference you mad in our world!

:bday7:

Nelson Mandela

What a man is right Sol. I'm not from your part of the world but he had an influence on the whole world - the voice of reason in a very unhappy time.
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Nelson Mandela

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NELSON MANDELA - its an honor to have lived in the same times as this amazing man, he is inspiration at its highest level and gives hope to us all....

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
      Nelson Mandela
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Nelson Mandela

A man definitely worthy of my admiration; and one of my heroes.

Many Blessings
        Phil
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Nelson Mandela

Happy Mandela day everyone!

And happy birthday Madiba!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Nelson Mandela

Happy Birthday Nelson Mandela!
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Nelson Mandela

Extracts from Nelson Mandela's Autobiography "Long Walk To Freedom"

"...My country is rich in minerals and gems that lie beneath its soil, but I have always known that its greatest wealth is its people, finer and truer than the purest diamonds.

.... I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. I felt fear myself more times that I can remember, but I hid it behind a mask of boldness. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.....

I never lost hope that this great transformation would occur. Not only because of the great heroes of the struggle but because of the courage of the ordinary men and women of my country. I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there was mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person ..... People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite....

Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another.... The sun shall never set on so glorious a human achievement.
              Let freedom reign. Gold bless Africa!"

... and God bless Nelson Mandela! Nkosi Madiba!
              The smallest action taken is worth more than the greatest intention!:h

Comment

Working...
              X