TIPPLERETTE'S MODERATE ROAD TRIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On an RV Road Trip with Hubby and hope to be moderate. Been gone for one week. Will post as often as internet allows. Up til now I have had a slew of bad luck. More to follow in next post!
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

This is Day 7 and here's why I haven't posted earlier. Live in Quebec on the Ontario border and while travelling west on the 401 to get to Sarnia to cross over to the US got a call that my dad was critically ill. Stopped in Toronto and stayed for a few days until he was out of the woods. He's still in the hosptial but getting better every day. So trip has been delayed. Finding internet access has proven to be problematic but today sitting in Oklahoma at an RV park in Choctaw, I am happy to report that I am behaving. I can't say I haven't drank a drop but we've been consuming about 1/2 of the normal amount. It's too damn hot to drink alcohol. Feels great to be waking up with no day after feelings.

What a beautiful country you Americans have and more friendly than I had imagined. The Oklahomians (is that what they're called) have gone out of their way to direct us on the Harley as we traverse Route 66. We're seen some great sites. We've had some great chili. We've spend all our waking hours when not riding or driving in the swimming pools. We, northerners are not used to 100 + temperatures.

Anyways, I'll report later today or tommorrow. Having a blast.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Great stuff tipplerette,That sounds brill, i hope you really enjoy yourself and stay on track both with your holiday & your modding, keep us in formed of everything :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Oklahoma is OK!

Hi Tipp!
        Was wondering where you were........I was born in Oklahoma and have many relatives there. Yes~ hot and humid.
        Glad to hear your dad is doing better, those things are so hard and stressful.
        Keep posting and having a wonderful trip!

Comment

ENJOY Tipp. I LOVE road trips!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Day 7 - end of day. We're in Texas. very windy in Amirillo. Franz where in Oklahoma are you from? I think at the end of this trip Oklahoma will stay as the highlight of my trip as the people were amazing. The Route 66 was very nice and we went to the Route 66 museum in Clinton. We have decided to head north to Colorado and ending up in Sturgis South Dakota to meet up with our Harley friends for the Bike Rally. We honestly cannot take the heat. What a pair of whoooses, eh??? We either are in the pool or in the A/C motor home. Met some really great Americans. Listening to Michael Moore CD's in the car as a way of passing time: Stupid White Men is what we're listening to now. God he is an intelligent smart-ass. He really makes sense but saying it like it is can be very painful to listen to.

Drinking semi-moderately with no credit to myself. The temp is to hot and humid to enjoy the dehydrating effects of alcohol. i came to a very profound discovery. Southern alcholics are alot more at risk and unhealthy than us northern boozers... and I'll tell ya why... We in the north, drink our coffee and tea and drink too much booze which dehydrates us and grizzles us and ages us. We slurp water throughout those sleepless nights to rehydrate. IN THE SOUTH.. you are dehydrated before you inbibe.... is that a word??? We drink so much water just to stay alive. Imagine replacing that with booooooze... whooo, I would be a dried up, shrivelled up prune. And we all know we need H2O to survive... Anyways, just an observation.

Tommorrow we head up North. How's it going GALS??? Thanks for your words Mario.. you are everywhere. Now that I've seen your Avatar I keep thinking I see you on the streets of small town America... you are hard to miss... LOL
            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Tippler, as a biker of 29yrs I am a little green, yeh I know I am Irish but thats not what I mean Your trip sounds amazing, how many years have you guys been planning it? So am I right you have a big recreational vehicle with a harley strapped on?
              I did smile at your comment that it was too hot to drink, never stopped me but I take on board the fact that we dont have crazy heat here either. Re the moderating I would say try and have plenty of dry days in between, my problem was everyday drinking and it sneaks up on you quickly especially when on holiday I imagine. Glad your dad is ok.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good going tipplerette, maybe we could have a few pictures,especially of your RV ?, love to that around Europe, permanently.

PS All them lookalikes of me are actually me cousins,You can tell them i said hello :-), be safe & keep trucking.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

We are in such non-occupied areas of the US of A that I can hardly open a new thread without my computer crashing let alone download a photo. Picture this: large obstentatious newer model motor home that swells my neanderthal hubby's chest with pride as it screams "prosperity" and trailing behind is a trailer carrying a candy-apple red harley davidson... which, although also being obstentatious (yes I know i am spelling it wrong) is also pretty darn cool to ride on. 'We are in New Mexico 6 miles from the border of Colorodo and at the foothills of some majestic mountains. Not overdoing the drinking for above-mentioned reasons.

Tommorrow we will take a ride to see a volcano closeby. Have to figure out the helmet rules of these two states. i wear the helmet no matter what but Biker boy loves to have his 47 hairs blowing in the wind. We are having a hoot and enjoying the colourful people we are meeting along the way.

Take care, folks and thanks for the interest in my Road Trip. Tip's Trip.

Bye until next time. PS Mario, your cousins say "Hey Mario, didn't know you were on that sissy website." Ya know i'm kidding with ya... just grin and take it... cos boy can you GRIN !!
                  Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tip~ Glad to hear you are having fun!!!!! and moding well. I'm trying having ups and downs but managing nonetheless. Keep in touch.

Comment

I WANNA COME WITH YOU!!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Now we're in Sturgis camping and it's not busy yet cos the rally doesn't start for a few days. We took an awesome motorcycle ride Spearfish Falls. If anyone is ever in South Dakota take this underrated ride. The mountains are amazing and curvy roads are dizzying on the bike. Wish you were all here riding along side of us. Quite the trip.
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

hey BKyogagurl, hope all is well. We are modding to the point of doing the usual half bottle each most nights. But while on vacation I usually drink more. bought some lemonade today and it is delicious in the hot weather. Hope you are having more ups than downs. Let me know how it's going.
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

doing pretty good... are you still around on the boards somewhere? I have been so dang busy these days I haven't had much time to post. I will see if you get this before I write more.

Comment

I'd love a holiday but I'm just too scared to leave my comfort zone yet. Well done.
                              :h Mish :h
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                              Remaining a perpetual possibility
                              Only in a world of speculation.
                              What might have been and what has been
                              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Working...
                              X