For those AF, now that you're saving all that money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you allow yourself a splurge? On what?
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

ABSOLUTELY! I'm a jewelry and shoes kind of girl. :bling

ENJOY!!!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Clothes, and more clothes, since I've quit, I've dropped a few dress sizes and I just LOVE shopping now, used to hate it, rooting around looking for size 18 clothes yuck!! So now, smaller size and more money Yes!!!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Chocolate soy ice cream. :upset::huh:

:stop: :teeter: :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Anything I want (within reason of course). It's funny, sometimes I'll think about something, go no, walk away, then think, if that was AL, I would not have batted an eye, I'd have used my emergency credit card if I had to. Sometimes I'll pick up a small bouquet of roses, which I used to walk by and admire, but somehow could never justify.
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I'm just happy to actually know how much I make and now it goes in the bank....and to my wife.

Comment

When I got my first 30 days back in March, I got myself a beautiful "Mothers ring" with me and my sons birthstone on it. I love it, and it is a symbol of my success and a reminder that anything is possible Oh it was from Overstock.com, so not expensive. $30.00

Hey, I am at almost another 30 days in a few days. Hmmm, I think another reward is in order soon!!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I have treated myself to spa trips, a new IMAC, phone and holidays.
                Its amazing, I feel no guilt either.
                Before, when I was spending a small fortune on booze, I felt guilty for everything I spent.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Small indulgences, mostly

I've become an absolute sucker when it comes to good chocolate and ice cream...

I've spent way more money on organising family activities with my wife and kids. Every penny has been well spent!
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Dancelot, I'm having a little ironic giggle to myself here, you talk about picking up a bouquet of flowers. Yesterday walked past a lovely florists and they had gorgeous bunches of lilies for 10 euros each, really needed 2 so 20 euros. Thought about it and thought 'naw too expensive' - I BARRELLED thro vodka at 20 euro a bottle without so much as blinking!!!! Mad huh?
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Well, I'm at about 33 days now, still think I'm climbing out of the hole I dug myself so I haven't seen any huge benefits financially yet. But I'm optimistic that eventually I won't be paycheck to paycheck. Definitely buy more sweet treats though, and I read a book about staying sober that said doing abstinence is not a great time to also decide to do extreme frugality, just focus on staying sober, so I try not to worry about 3 or 4 bucks here and there.
                      I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

A "sober vacation" (meaning a vacation with other sober people) is something I've been thinking a lot about. Would love to go on several of the vacations offered here: Sober Vacations International - since 1987 Ixtapa Mexico in February 2011 would be nice. Just tossing some ideas out there.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Cool idea DG - I had no idea such a thing existed!
                          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

dancelot;918953 wrote: Cool idea DG - I had no idea such a thing existed!
                            I didn't either until San Antonio. There is a whole big sober world out there! Who knew??? :H

There is a "Promises in Paradise" annual event every October in the Virgin Islands (I think that's where - one of the "islands" anyway) That's definitely a goal! (you can google it!)

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Children's school fees.
                              While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X