Help !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help !!!!!

Sat here with a black eye, a fat lip and a pit of despair in my stomach. I so need a friendly word right now as feel I am loosing it. The drink makes me feel even more depressed and confused yet still I continue to pour it down my neck!
    Anyone got any advice, how do you repair your life and stop feeling so ashamed all the time?
    Just read Dr Aimesons book on Baclofen and have started today but just feel so tearful at the moment. Thanks to anyone reading this x:thanks:

Help !!!!!

Hi santybury,
    I hope you're not hurt too badly.
    I've had black eyes and fat lips and I know how it feels to want to dive right back into a glass of something strong to ease the mental and physical pain, but as I found to my great cost, it doesn't work.
    Stay here a while and work out a plan.
    It'll be worth it.
    There is hope for a better way and I think you know the first step.
    Good luck

Comment

Help !!!!!

Hey Santy, just wanted to send some warm wishes your way. I think everyone on here knows what the despair and shame feels like. Just remember, many on here have got past that and so can you. I think one of the keys is to accept what you have done and been through and and move on from it.

You can not change the past, but you can change the future. Hope you feel better soon.

K x
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Help !!!!!

Santy, my hand is here. And so am I. What has happened to you, love? Let's stop this destruction, and find you. I'm here for your support.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Help !!!!!

Santy,

I, too, know the devastation this addiction leaves in it's wake. All of us do.

It is "irrational" as my hubby says but it is there.

Stick with us, we have hands out to help and hold you. We all know.

It is so hard to quit but it is so worth the quit.

You can get there if you really want to. Keep on coming back.

:welcome:
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Help !!!!!

rubywillow;919407 wrote: Santy, my hand is here. And so am I. What has happened to you, love? Let's stop this destruction, and find you. I'm here for your support.
            Hi Ruby

Im not sure whats going on with me. I think im having a bit of a crisis and cant stop crying. I had a terrible week at work last week and can only describe how I felt on Friday as being traumatised. I couldnt function or think straight. I ended my relationship with a guy ive been seeing for 8 months yesterday as that was going no where but I still feel sad about that. I got absolutely drunk on Friday and when I came home fell over and smashed my face on a radiator, I look appalling and am an aesthetic nurse so not a good advert. I feel at the moment my face is reflecting how i feel inside and i am so sick of putting on a brave face to everyone when I feel scared, alone and lost. I so need a hug right now!
            Anyway, thats where I am and its painfull but thankyou for your kindness x

Comment

Help !!!!!

Cinders;919409 wrote: Santy,

I, too, know the devastation this addiction leaves in it's wake. All of us do.

It is "irrational" as my hubby says but it is there.

Stick with us, we have hands out to help and hold you. We all know.

It is so hard to quit but it is so worth the quit.

You can get there if you really want to. Keep on coming back.

:welcome:
              Cindi
              Thankyou for that, This is just what I needed today x

Comment

Help !!!!!

Kimberley;919406 wrote: Hey Santy, just wanted to send some warm wishes your way. I think everyone on here knows what the despair and shame feels like. Just remember, many on here have got past that and so can you. I think one of the keys is to accept what you have done and been through and and move on from it.

You can not change the past, but you can change the future. Hope you feel better soon.

K x
                Hi Kimberley
                Thank you. I hate being seen as drunk, there is so much more but once you get that reputation thats all people will see. Im am so down at the moment but maybe this is a wake up call, the only problem is, ive had hundreds of wake up calls.
                Thank you for your kindness.

Comment

Help !!!!!

santybury;919413 wrote: Hi Ruby

Im not sure whats going on with me. I think im having a bit of a crisis and cant stop crying. I had a terrible week at work last week and can only describe how I felt on Friday as being traumatised. I couldnt function or think straight. I ended my relationship with a guy ive been seeing for 8 months yesterday as that was going no where but I still feel sad about that. I got absolutely drunk on Friday and when I came home fell over and smashed my face on a radiator, I look appalling and am an aesthetic nurse so not a good advert. I feel at the moment my face is reflecting how i feel inside and i am so sick of putting on a brave face to everyone when I feel scared, alone and lost. I so need a hug right now!
                  Anyway, thats where I am and its painfull but thankyou for your kindness x
                  Have yourself a good cry, then kick yourself in the butt and say 'I'm worth SO MUCH MORE than this life!' And you are, so, don't look for your future in a bottle or a man, look in yourself. When YOU are whole and happy, all the rest is cream!! (Not that it's an easy step, honey, but one we'll hold your hand through.)
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Help !!!!!

Hi and welcome Santy... be good to yourself over the next few hours, days... you are not alone and now the only way is up
                    Alcohol promises to take you to the sky... but then it takes the sky away
                    Gather your thoughts, don't feel shame.. time will heal what you are now feeling, give yourself that.
                    Take care
                    Patrice

Comment

Help !!!!!

rubywillow;919419 wrote: Have yourself a good cry, then kick yourself in the butt and say 'I'm worth SO MUCH MORE than this life!' And you are, so, don't look for your future in a bottle or a man, look in yourself. When YOU are whole and happy, all the rest is cream!! (Not that it's an easy step, honey, but one we'll hold your hand through.)
                      Thank you. I do try to be happy but sometimes I just dont feel like I fit anywhere. Been on my own really for 3 years now and feel so tired of working it all out for myself and daughter. I think im just having a glitch but am feeling pretty desperate right now..You are right I know about finding happiness in a bottle or a man, I know its got to come from me but am just tired of being and feeling alone x

Comment

Help !!!!!

patrice;919420 wrote: Hi and welcome Santy... be good to yourself over the next few hours, days... you are not alone and now the only way is up
                        Alcohol promises to take you to the sky... but then it takes the sky away
                        Gather your thoughts, don't feel shame.. time will heal what you are now feeling, give yourself that.
                        Take care
                        Patrice
                        Thank you, thats very true.

Comment

Help !!!!!

Santy, I have some time under my belt in this world. Some has been great, some has not. But I really believe the more I give, the more I receive. I know that's not everyones outlook, but it's mine. And I HAVE seen the more we sit and dwell on our misery, the worse it looks. When everything looks down, go out, take a walk, get away from the center of your pain. I find myself crawling into a smaller and smaller hole, then the people who love me drag me out, kicking and screaming, and I LOVE it when I get there.
                          You are a blessing in this world. Remember that. Don't fret what you've done wrong, or think you have. You are young, and have made young mistakes. But this doesn't mean it's the rest of your life. Look for happiness, joy, love, in each day. Push back the excuses to anesthesize yourself from reality. If I could be young again, but only if I could carry my experiences, I would look for the simplest life I could find, and vet anyone trying to come into my space and that of my family. Remember, you are a blessing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Help !!!!!

Love

Comment

Help !!!!!

rubywillow;919433 wrote: Santy, I have some time under my belt in this world. Some has been great, some has not. But I really believe the more I give, the more I receive. I know that's not everyones outlook, but it's mine. And I HAVE seen the more we sit and dwell on our misery, the worse it looks. When everything looks down, go out, take a walk, get away from the center of your pain. I find myself crawling into a smaller and smaller hole, then the people who love me drag me out, kicking and screaming, and I LOVE it when I get there.
                              You are a blessing in this world. Remember that. Don't fret what you've done wrong, or think you have. You are young, and have made young mistakes. But this doesn't mean it's the rest of your life. Look for happiness, joy, love, in each day. Push back the excuses to anesthesize yourself from reality. If I could be young again, but only if I could carry my experiences, I would look for the simplest life I could find, and vet anyone trying to come into my space and that of my family. Remember, you are a blessing.
                              Im not young, lol!!!! Im 44 and have had a life of addiction and trying to find some inner peace. I do feel a bit better now though and thank you and everyone else who has sent messages. Im going to try and hide this mess on my face now and venture out, (cats need feeding!) God save me for being a crazy old drunk, cat woman!!!
                              Thanks again xx

Comment

Working...
                              X