Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Saturday, July 31

Hello Everyone!

Here we are at the last day of July and the day before a new month, perhaps the start of new beginnings for some folks.

Today is day 18 AF for me and I am feeling hopeful that I can continue on this journey and thankful for having this community for support and at times, entertainment!

Today is also the 3rd consecutive Saturday that I have woken up without having to piece together what happened the night before. What a wonderful feeling!

I am hoping to have a somewhat productive day keeping busy with the usual weekend chores but also look forward to spending some quality time with my dog - he's my best pal.

Sending all of you best wishes for a day of strength and steely determination to stay AF.
    John
    AF since 7/13/2010

AF Saturday, July 31

thanks JOhn!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

AF Saturday, July 31

PA Guy~~what a cheery greeting to read this morning!

A sunny Saturday morning to you too PA Guy and everyone else that reads this!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

AF Saturday, July 31

John, everyday is better when we are free to be ourselves. I'm cooking homemade dogfood for my little bits. Silly, maybe, but they are so true and loving. And they love and depend on me unconditionally. One of my tags is 'The more I see of people, the more i love my dogs.'
        I live in a remote area, my choice. No cell power, usually. I am alone, mostly. My dogs, other animals, become like family. I worship my grandchildren, try to give them knowledge, but don't enable bad habits. My dogs have saved mine and my loved one's lives more than once, and all they ask for is love, food, and shelter. What more can we ask for in this crazy world?
        Today, I'll work in my home, fight any urges, walk in the woods with my companions who see and protect me.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AF Saturday, July 31

John, I hope you have enjoyed another sober Saturday! I love what you said about appreciation for not having to piece together the previous evening. I can sure relate to that! What kind of dog do you have? We have five (too many! ) 3 German Shepherds, a beagle and a mutt. The beagle is "mommy's boy."

One day at a time!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Saturday, July 31

Day 8 for me and my 2nd sober SAturday, but a close call. I *almost* went out and bought wine. If I'd had gone to the store I certainly would have. So, I avoided it like the plague and stayed home and made jam and canned peaches and beans instead.

Ruby, how many dogs do you have? I have 2 dogs, 2 elderly cats and a gerbil. I live in the country, too. Love it.
            Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
            That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
            Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
            Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

AF Saturday, July 31

Day 8 for me too Phoenix! We can do it...whatever it is for you!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

AF Saturday, July 31

I see there are quite a few animal lovers on this thread. I only have 1 dog - he's a Westie (West Highland Terrier) and of course, is cute as a button. I woke him up too early this morning so he is all curled up on the chair sitting next to me in my home office :h

I had a great day yesterday. Ended up having a friend come to the house for dinner. We watched a movie (Slumdog Millionaire) and I grilled some chicken. I wasn't even 'tempted' to join in when he uncorked the wine. I am still feeling very strong about my commitment to remain AF!
                John
                AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Working...
                X