Underoos and Friends - August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Netty, GREAT to see you here. Pop in more often.

Comment

network;929631 wrote: Hi all,
      It's my first post on this thread, but don't worry I won't take your time.
      hello Netty and welcome!! Take up as much time as you like - we've got quite good at taking up each others time :H:H

and good work on the giving up the smokes!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning All.
        Oh God I'm predictable. That's exactly what I was doing Mr G...reading about chooks.Seems to be the team dream these days....
        Come on Betty P let's have a go now.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

just back from the vets and totally gobsmacked!!

Betty Puss has improved about 5000%. In my head I was preparing myself to have her put down because I just could not see how she could come back from being as bad as she was yesterday. Today she is eating again, peeing and purring big time and even managed to stand up briefly when I was there. She will probably come home Wednesday but be confined to a cage (albeit a big cage!) for four weeks to allow the bones to heal.

Thank you all for your thoughts ... goes to show just what can be achieved when the undies send their good thoughts and wishes into the ether!! :goodjob:and :thanks2: a million!!!

Missy and Betty awprint:

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yay!!!!!!! Climbing Tabbys are tough little critters!

Comment

especially silver climbing tabbies!

(Great photo! Cant believe how much it looks like Betty!)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi there,
                It's me again. It's not alcohol related. I just want to stay with you a little bit if I can. It's day 5 without smokes for me.
                Sometimes I question that. What is the use? Nobody cares anyway.
                Well, I do care a little (still). I run every morning now and I just want to build my endurance (it already improved significantly).
                I just sometimes have cravings and doubts. That's why I am posting.

All the best,
                Netty

(Not a single puff for 5 straight days)
                We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Hi Netty,

I find that some days just "hanging out here" really helps. I often have the thread open in the background and just check it whenever I need a bit of a break from what I'm doing. Helps when there isn't anyone else in the office though as we are open plan and my screen is quite close to where the printer is!!

My experience is that it takes a while for the cravings and doubts to disappear (and it took over a year for me with ciggies).

How much are you running and how did you build up? I'm interested because I'm doing the same, but my endurance is taking a long time to build up - hasn't been helped by the cold air temperature here and my susceptibility to lung infections after a bout of pleurisy 4-5 years ago. And my wonky knees dont help either :H:H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi Miss B,

I have been running on the treadmill (outside is too cold for me) for over 2 months now.
                    I started with 0.5 km. I know its very little, but I have slowly progressed to 4km and just in this 5 non smoking days I have improved to up to 5km. Running at 11km/h.

This daily morning run is the highlight of my day. LOL.
                    How are you going?
                    Netty
                    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

network;929743 wrote: Hi Miss B,

I have been running on the treadmill (outside is too cold for me) for over 2 months now.
                      I started with 0.5 km. I know its very little, but I have slowly progressed to 4km and just in this 5 non smoking days I have improved to up to 5km. Running at 11km/h.

This daily morning run is the highlight of my day. LOL.
                      How are you going?
                      Netty
                      Well done on your 5km!

I started with 0.5km too bout the same time as you did!! Have no idea about my pace - think it is about 10km/h (Around 6 - 6 1/4 minute kms) - very slow!! I got up to 2km continuously about 6 weeks ago, but then came down with the flu and went back to square one.

I did 10km at the end of June, but that was very much a walk/run. I'm about to go to the gym this afternoon and thought I might see how far I can do on the treadmill - as you say, much easier when you re inside and when you aren't getting the impact from the pavement.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi all aussies
                        Have just come from my first al concilling(spelling)session.Wow what a gobsmacking experience.Ihave to go in2 detox I am on the list.Have 2 keep drinking 7 beers a day till I get in.2 dangerous if I stop cold turkey.What an eyeopening experience 4 me 2day.The penny finally droped that I have 2 stop drinking or die.It,s taken years for this moment of relization to come to me.Thanks god 2day was the day and hopefully not 2 late for me.

Comment

Hiya Stump,

Good on you for going to counselling - just admitting to someone else that you need help is a fantastic start to sorting out your life. Hope you don't have to wait too long before you can get into detox and I really believe it's never too late. Well done!

Comment

Hi Netty - five days without is bloody great. Are you doing this cold turkey or with patches or stuff? Unfortunately, I hate to admit it, I still smoke and totally admire people who have tossed it in. You're seeing good results already - just keep going mate.

OK - back outside for a bit. Catch you all later.

Comment

tawnyfrog;929756 wrote: Unfortunately, I hate to admit it, I still smoke and totally admire people who have tossed it in.
                              Oh Tawny, I am so happy to know that you are not perfect!!!! :H:H

Big excitement at the vet tonight .... Betty did a poo! Confirmation that she is not paralysed as we feared she might be, and it can only be onwards and upwards from here on in.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hey!!!! I'm not paralysed either!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X