Underoos and Friends - August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to say I also loved the two chops short of a barbie comment .... just didn't want to inflame things :H
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Tawny,
      Completely cold turkey. DAAAAAMN Cravings! Stop now!!! NOW. Ok feeling better.
      We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Netty,

I read some research about the time I was giving up cigs (and I did it cold turkey too), that said that cravings (nicotine ones anyway) last an average of 3 minutes. Every time I felt like I wanted one, I found something to occupy me for 5 minutes. I have no idea whether the research was reputable or not, but it go me through!!

hang on in there :l

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Netty,

If I can quit smoking ANYONE can...seriously.

(I loved that comment too Tawny)
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Evening all,

Well, i'm a couple' a sheep short in the top paddock too, but ya gotta go the live and let live angle i reckon.
            Hey Stump! Good you are on the de-tox list. Make sure you stay safe, and drink enough water, and eat regular small snack's at least, (even toast) in the meantime, until you get a bed. Even though you are drinking still, see if you can sketch out a bit of a plan for yourself after de-tox, if you're not going to a rehab etc? Best wishes buddy.

Great new's Missy!
            Hiya Netty! Good to see you, and giving up the smokes will be one of the best thing's you ever do! (Tawny)
            Hi Bridgos!
            Hi Oney!

N.R.N.R.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello,

Quick nod-in.. am off to do other stuff.. just had to mention that I met an extremely inspirational man the other day. His name is Father Chris Riley.

Chris Riley is doing things that I respect enormously and is really worth checking out his website:
              Youth Off The Streets

Nighters all and best for the new day tomorrow

Comment

Thanks TF and G for your support.Hopefully spot will bcome vacant soon in detox.am so lookin 4ward to sobriety and my old life back.Enjoy the sunshine hopefully u r getting it in yr part of OZ we have been having glorious weather last couple days on Central Coast.

Comment

The house seems empty tonight so it's the Schlafzimmer pour moi, nil moleste por favore, ciao and egi actum.

Comment

Come on youse lot - GET UP!

There's a whole new day to play with.

Comment

I'm up, I'm up!!!

Beautiful day here - watched the sun rise over the harbour. "Twas stunning. Spring is back.

have a good one one and all

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

... hey Missy, you'll be THRILLED to know that Rod Stewart (65) is going to be a daddy again! I do love to read the important news of the world first thing in the morning ...

Comment

Good morning Supermodel Tawny, and Missy,

Sheesh! It's a jungle out there.
                          Central coast Stump? Noice. Hope you stay close and stick around this site.
                          Did i announce that my request for a 3 day working week (still working every 2nd w/kend, but that's cool) has been approved, and begins start of september. We've just got a nice little pay rise too. Yay!
                          Who's da man G? Who da man? You! Who? Yeah you! Whaaaa?? Yes you!.........Oh....yeah, yeah, i'm da man, i'm da man.

Roll on springtime, and it is!

A marvellous day to all.....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

tawnyfrog;930277 wrote: ... hey Missy, you'll be THRILLED to know that Rod Stewart (65) is going to be a daddy again! I do love to read the important news of the world first thing in the morning ...
                            Ah grand.....still hope for me yet!

Comment

Absolutely, Mr. G, especially now you'll have two extra days at your disposal to conduct interviews and such ...

Comment

hehe interviews, classy TF.
                                screening couch much G?

for tawny; 286 days can be converted to one of these units:
                                24,710,400 seconds
                                411,840 minutes
                                6864 hours
                                40 weeks (rounded down)
                                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X