Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - August

Thanks for your faith in me Tip!!

And I wasn't going to post, but the reason why I'm lurking is that I have two things on my mind and I'm pondering them and just trying to work them through.

One is that I'm going through the process of cutting myself loose from my contractual obligations around a big commitment which I have decided not to complete. It has had all sorts of emotional implications - some good, some not so good. Just working through them. But part of it is that its like I've flipped a switch .... I've been only just holding things together for a while and now my brain has gone "oh good, I can freak out and go crazy". The better half of me is trying to stay sane and prioritising my health, which is the main reason why I wanted to drop that commitment anyway because I was so highly stressed! I've had lots of "bath and early to bed" nights this week and sticking to my exercise regime. But I felt concerned enough about my mental state to visit my GP - who has been terrific (I have the best GP in the country!!) and I am back on anti-d's. But it will take a week or two for them to kick in and I'm still feeling like the black dog is a constant companion.

Two is that Mr B has a Family Court case coming up this month. Which I dont want to talk about here because I am not a direct party. But it has an impact, and makes me both incredibly angry and incredibly sad. This is not the place to discuss the substantive issues, but it is really hard to have it going on and affecting one's life but not have any direct input into how it can be sorted. It is what is called in family law jargon here as an "intractable dispute" - not an issue where a child is in need of immediate care and protection but where there are other guardianship issues (based on differences in belief systems) that cannot be resolved.

Phil's post today on the A-Z of attachment (dont think I got the thread title right) was very timely for me and I printed it off and read it on the bus home. I will post and tell him so.

Anyway, that's why I'm lurking. Just trying to find some wisdom wherever I can and not trusting myself to make any sensible comments myself!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Arvo all Unmentionables -

well thank dog for our Friends ... that's all I can say. If it weren't for them popping in, one might think the thread's as dead as the dodo.

It is raining. It is cold. It's bloody getting dark at four-bloody-thirty. Even all the cats are in residence. However, I have a wonderful casserole glooping away on the pot-belly and spring's just around the corner-ish.

Sorry Missy - cross posted.

Comment

how's the other Missy Tawny? I think about her daily!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

The Chook Chronicles will be published tomorrow. You should be very, very proud of your namesake.

Comment

tawnyfrog;926031 wrote: The Chook Chronicles will be published tomorrow. You should be very, very proud of your namesake.
            Excellent! But in the spirit of sisterhood, I insist on being proud of Bridge as well!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

BOTH girls are excellent and I had no idea chooks could be such pleasurable companions.

Comment

tawnyfrog;926033 wrote: BOTH girls are excellent and I had no idea chooks could be such pleasurable companions.
                Do they follow you around?

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yes - they do. They 'help' when I'm weeding. At the end of the day I can call them and they literally charge back into their coop for the night. I've also found them pecking around in the kitchen. This is not so good ...

Comment

Good night, friends.

I found an open restaurant, ate half of my sandwich, gave the rest of my meal to a homeless person outside who was with 2 other guys and another $5.00.

No, I do not feel proud of myself or otherwise "above" them. I feel grateful I am not in their shoes and more grateful that I could help them.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tawnyfrog;926037 wrote: Yes - they do. They 'help' when I'm weeding. At the end of the day I can call them and they literally charge back into their coop for the night. I've also found them pecking around in the kitchen. This is not so good ...
                      that's so nice!! Routine. No drama. Very comforting for animals and people alike.

Hello Cindi!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Arvo,

My thought's are with you Missy, and wishing you clarity, peace, and all the very best. Does a butterfly have so many thought's? Or a naked Gazelle in a field?

Hi Cindi!

A marvellous night to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

When are we having a chook raffle?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Guitarista;926053 wrote: When are we having a chook raffle?
                            and you call yourself a sensitive new age bloke?? :H:H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;926079 wrote: and you call yourself a sensitive new age bloke?? :H:H
                              Ah, i got you laughing. My work is done here.....

Comment

Guitarista;926088 wrote: Ah, i got you laughing. My work is done here.....
                                you did! Bless! (and thanks)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X