Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - August

:Bugger I thought I was Super Model:upset::upset::upset:
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Well, ya gotta laugh, is what i reckon. Regard's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;942319 wrote: Well, ya gotta laugh, is what i reckon. Regard's.
        almost look on the bright side of life dadumdadumdadum:H:H:H
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

i mean always

Comment

Almost fits in quite well wiv the lyrics too!

Comment

Everyone must be watching Top Gear tonight. I'm orf. last minute washing to do. See you tomorrow.

Comment

Just saw the tail end of Top Gear with Lamb Roast going round corners on two wheels!

Comment

Sorry, reading back was more than I bargained for.... Hey Ragssy!!

Comment

OK, well, since I'm holding forth on my own.... this article makes me particularly angry.
                    Booze bill doubles in five years - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
                    Well this is totally F*&%$Ked up. Nobody in Australian Government has EVER done anything to provide health services to anyone suffering AL addiction.

Another irony - the shot of the guy drinking beer is taken from Chinese media

Why is the government and or the medical community not funding more supportive detox programs etc. My experience of finding a dickhead GP is not unusual. In fact I've personally been through at least 30 by now. In our country there are incredibly few options for treatment even if you do get a nice GP. It's illegal for them to prescribe drugs like Topa, Naltrexone, Baclofen.. etc

What is it that needs to happen? Do we all have to get our friends, family and relatives (and ourselves) to write letters to local members of parliament to declare that we need this kind of service in our community?????

Why are medical treatments only available to the wealthy?

It strikes me as freakin LUNATIC that they might announce an 'ATTACK' campaign against drinkers, without providing ANY TREATMENT.

OK, I'm mad... will take the opportunity to vent.

They way they have run the anti smoking campaign for example. I don't smoke, but I know a heap of people who do.

I thought "giving up smoking is supported by the government and medical community... so it's much easier than giving up drinking without any support whatsoever"

And my smoker friend put me right:
                    "Do you know how much it costs, this support??? It's just another drug company money making scam...

If the govermentwas serious about stopping people smoking they would just put all smokers on a script so they could get ther tobacco for the rest of their lives and they would make commercial sales of tobacco illegal. That is the only way they will stop young people taking up smoking.

The fact that the government does not do this means they are making so much money out of the tobacco industry that they can't afford to stop young people taking up smoking."

Comment

Hey Fickle!

I heard a little about that on the ABC radio this morning. Seems about 30% of child abuse is from parents drunk and hooking into their kids.
                      I don't have answers for your questions Fickle, but maybe with a close parliament like we're going to get, pressure could be brought from some quarter to get something happening. But I don't think we'd get a bunch of drinkers to form a rally and march down Macquarie Street or Canberra... or form a lobby group.

Comment

Got to get to beddy byes. See you all tomorrow.

Comment

HI Ficks, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Naltrexone was readily available for prescription from G.P.s as well as Campral. I had no trouble getting my doctor to prescribe Topomax (off label) becauseit is not available anywhere in the world as yet as a first line anti=craving med. I pay around $70.00 a month for it, but it is worth every cent (two bottles of vodka costs more). Hope this info helps

Comment

Mornin' Punters,

Sapph ... those antib's starting to kick in?
                            Rags - three sleeps to go!!!! And no, couldn't collect yesterday's rain - waiting for a bit of Muscle to help me wrangle the tank into pozzie.

Now crossing to our Rural Report ...

Why you should never pitch your tent under a River Redgum. This bugger came down with an almighty thump the other night. I'm grateful for two things. A. Lovely free firewood and B. I wasn't under it at the time.

Have a splendid one.

Comment

Bloody Hello Tawn!!! Was that a branch or another tree? Did it come down in wind or just out of the blue...either way you are right, dont pitch your tent under these beautiful buggers. Are they reknowned for this? Great firewood though.....yes antibitics seemed to have kicked in...in true alkie style i doubled up on them to give them a good start....have a spectacular day undies

Comment

Don't you just LOVE it when your just settling in for the first nightime chat you've had on here for ages, and you get your drop in visitor ....... with two bottles of red.....
                                Hmmm...potential excuses
                                1. Can't sorry, I'm in a no drinking challenge on an internet site for alcoholics.
                                2. Can't , I on antibiotics (thanks Sapp).....used.
                                3. What the feck time do you call this moron. Also do you have a phone? WTF don't you use it?

Grrrrrrr........
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X