Underoos and Friends - August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a branch come off my Tasmanian Blue gum a few years ago..... blocked the bloody street. Had to get council workers to clear it. They weren't happy. And I had a branch come off in a bad storm a few weeks ago. Thank heavens I have a chain saw. Missed the house by 3 metres!
    You've got a good supply of firewood there Tawn.

Geez you must be tough Saph... well, fit at least. I'd be a cot case.

Comment

I dunno Bridgey, I don't get drop in visits from anyone........

Comment

Morning bridge, ya health and temper seems about right...bitchy:H:HGotta keep things normal round here.......so what did you tell you visitor? I"ve got a similar situation coming up on Saturday...lunch with three girls who used to come to my gym (when I still owned it)......I told them at the last lunch four months ago that I was taking drugs that the grog would interact with so couldnt drink...this time I have a legit excuse but dont think they will buy it...I think I might just come right out and tell them the truth!!!!! I dont want to ruin the arvo for them as they all chug-a-lug fairly well...what do you reckon? Tell or not?
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Rags;943064 wrote: I had a branch come off my Tasmanian Blue gum a few years ago..... blocked the bloody street. Had to get council workers to clear it. They weren't happy. And I had a branch come off in a bad storm a few weeks ago. Thank heavens I have a chain saw. Missed the house by 3 metres!
          You've got a good supply of firewood there Tawn.

Geez you must be tough Saph... well, fit at least. I'd be a cot case.
          Rags tough as old boots...single mum of four sons...that does the trick I think:H
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Zenstyle;943061 wrote: 4. I have syphilis. Sorry! I should have CALLED you and mentioned it.
            Sorry to hear the Zenny, they have some good drugs for that now.....but you cant drink on them :H:H

Comment

:H:H:H
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I came in to listen to a telecast and to check on you first. Damn depressed and talking about carrrots!
                sigpic

Comment

anytime, zenny... anytime. Organic?
                  sigpic

Comment

Zenny I just came off an anti-depressant. Im just now figuring out what I'm really like. Eeek!
                    sigpic

Comment

OK, whats your preference?
                      sigpic

Comment

Saph,
                        They probably won't bat an eyelid if you tell them you drink too much and want to cut back/stop for a while. The problem is uppermost in our everyday thoughts, but not other people's. If you read back through many threads, there are heaps of instances where people have been so apprehensive about telling friends, family etc that they have a problem, only to find it was their own fear, which then tends to build out of proportion. When I told a couple of my friends I drank to excess and didn't want to drink, they just said OK and continued with the conversation.

Comment

Thanks for that Rags, that probobly is the case with these girls...it is my own fear..so will take a deep breath and tell them as it is. The next problem that I have is what to drink instead? I take topomax and it makes anything with soda taste awful? Might have to stick to fruit juice.

Comment

Drug taking eh ??

Noodles off into the day pondering....
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

yeah bridge you could them them its the ones that preventt the sudden and irresistable urges that arise in you to string univited grog bearing guests up by the gonads in the chook house gallows:H:H

Comment

It is hot here today! Has that "end of the year is coming up" feel to it. I did my usual lunch-time training circuit which is along the harbour front, and there were heaps of people out running, cycling, sitting on the beach.

Tawny - 7 more sleeps until spring, yes??
                                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X