Underoos and Friends - August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tawnyfrog;943896 wrote: ... at the third stroke, it will be 7.43pm Wednesday) in Alabama ...
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

where did you get that pic of tawny techs?! i thought she destroyed all the negatives....

Comment

The Thursday Fortnightly Chook Chronicles - Weeks 5 & 6.

And a very joyous fortnight it was. Both girls seem extremely happy and continue to produce at a relentless rate. Following Workplace Practices and Enterprise Bargaining successfully negotiated by Wilson the Union Rep, Bridget finally, after 33 days of straight laying, agreed to relax and have an RDO. Having now eased into into a less than manic laying routine, both girls cranked out 25 eggs in this 2-week period. Missy only had one RDO, perhaps in an attempt to make up for a couple of dud attempts in her early laying career.

Bridget's personal laying average is now at 63g per egg which she achieves consistently and without much variation. Missy, on the other hand, cranked out a WHOPPING 97 grammer, perhaps again in an attempt to compensate for the laughable 30 grammer in Week 4. giving her an average of 75g per egg.

Egg total to date: 76 (Bridget 40, Missy 36)

They are still free-ranging from 8am until 6pm even during rainy days which does not seem to perturb them the slightest however they do get that bad-hair-day ranga look.

Their "thank you" Pavlovian training treat for this fortnight has been a daily tablespoon of Canary Mix served in a ceramic saucer which they devour in seconds. I think they regard this treat as chook 'Smarties'.

At this point I am somewhat concerned about the oncoming warmer weather. In a few weeks I'll leave all the doors open. I don't have fly-screens. The girls like to follow me ......

Missy's beautiful blue eyes:

Bridget first past the post in the 20m flat race time trials:

I think they wanted to come in for a while:

And the Bumnuts Chart to date:

Comment

beagle;943903 wrote: thanks for the invite rags!
          woop woop i will google but fairly sure you must live in the same town as me cos i KNOW i'm out the back of friggin nowhere! :H:H:H
          & as for the g-man , where is he? dripping in baked beans in a Foodie orgy with an unknown crumpet?
          thanks for the time sort out tawny.
          good evening there Cinders!
          :H:upset::H:upse::sapphs laughing and crying rolling on the floor legs and arms waving spasticically in air.....saffy looking on in alarm
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

tawnyfrog;944007 wrote: And a very joyous fortnight it was. Both girls seem extremely happy and continue to produce at a relentless rate. Following Workplace Practices and Enterprise Bargaining successfully negotiated by Wilson the Union Rep, Bridget finally, after 33 days of straight laying, agreed to relax and have an RDO. Having now eased into into a less than manic laying routine, both girls cranked out 25 eggs in this 2-week period. Missy only had one RDO, perhaps in an attempt to make up for a couple of dud attempts in her early laying career.

Bridget's personal laying average is now at 63g per egg which she achieves consistently and without much variation. Missy, on the other hand, cranked out a WHOPPING 97 grammer, perhaps again in an attempt to compensate for the laughable 30 grammer in Week 4. giving her an average of 75g per egg.

Egg total to date: 76 (Bridget 40, Missy 36)

They are still free-ranging from 8am until 6pm even during rainy days which does not seem to perturb them the slightest however they do get that bad-hair-day ranga look.

Their "thank you" Pavlovian training treat for this fortnight has been a daily tablespoon of Canary Mix served in a ceramic saucer which they devour in seconds. I think they regard this treat as chook 'Smarties'.

At this point I am somewhat concerned about the oncoming warmer weather. In a few weeks I'll leave all the doors open. I don't have fly-screens. The girls like to follow me ......

Missy's beautiful blue eyes:

Bridget first past the post in the 20m flat race time trials:

I think they wanted to come in for a while:

And the Bumnuts Chart to date:

That is so cool..............
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

I know I am a techno dunce...so.....can someone please tell me how to quote only parts thereof.....

Comment

Use the Quote button - the whole quote comes up so backspace or cut and delete the bits you don't want.

Comment

Can I come over to your place for an omelette??

They are the most pretty girls.

Comment

Sure, Rags - s'long as you don't talk too much.

The biggest buzz is how dense and high the albumen is. They're perfect for poaching.

Comment

Hi to all underoos. I am accepting an invitation to drop in and say how great your thread is.

Tawny, I looove the chooks and their progress - the question is what have you been cooking or baking with the eggs? Thanks for your support, and yes, the crispy white sheets I came home to were wonderful.

Saph, we don't know each other but I was diagnosed with double pneumoniana couple of months ago, and it just kicked my butt. Take care.

Rags, dear friend, please enjoy your trip, I would LOVE to go anywhere right now, temps here have been 110-114 for weeks.

Have a good one!
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hey Hilary - so nice to see you visiting us and I'm so happy you're home again. That must have been one hell of an ordeal. Re eggs - apart from the usual omelettes, frittatas etc. it's just so nice to have five eggs to whack into a cake. But I must admit, they're gaining on me - so it will be nice to give some away. Stay cool.

Comment

Hey Sk.
                          Great to see you on Underoos.
                          Drop in anytime.
                          i think Tawn is making the biggest meringue in the world!

Comment

Tawn, Did you get the Sept Grass Roots... articles on chook sheds in it. I'll be building mine when I get back.

Comment

Good news, Reggie ... Saphy's an excercist ... she's got training bag complete with skipping ropes, punching mits and focus pads and everything!!!! Don't know if she's cheap but.

Sorry your babygirl's crook.

Comment

Dog - didn't realise it was that serious Reggie - got any gaffa tape to prevent/arrest the levitation up the paint job thing? Greek bloke's going to be mighty miffed if his work gets trashed ...

Comment

Working...
                                X