Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - August

Dunno, what is it?
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

OK - I'll swap ya "Milk" for "In Bruges". Get it, order it - whatever. Good movie. Especially because of what's been going down recently.

Comment

Evening all,

MILK is indeed a brilliant must watch movie Tawny - i've been lending it to all the neighbours and in fact have discovered one who lived in CA during that period A month of birthdays, loads of people I know, all Christmas Party Babies!! LOL

Glad to see you all ticking along nicely, congrats to um.... Aspy on the AF etc... avatar allus makes me smile.. Nettster on the NF days... GOOD JOB! Netts & Missy B on the darn RUNNING (puffed out meself these days).. and anyone else I forgot.. thanks for the advice Sapphire on the Topa. Think I'm going to find anew GP and ask for some (pretend migrene) fecking no use being honest as it's illegal here to prescribe it for anything else.

From my perspective my 'try-hard-iness' is getting some results at last. I've been sent to a conference, offered $$$ worth of training, am having current contract renewed and got offered 3 other jobs this week so far. Will stick by my boss & be working long hours but neeeeed the money desperately so GOOD STUFF! Hope to connect with my own health and children shortly (sigh!).

Hope everyone is going well

Comment

Gosh, dunno what's been going down lately but erm.. nothing would surprise me... Hey KTab!

Comment

Will do thanks for the recommendation guys. This is a website I use often, mostly to check out foreign language films I have never hear of and I have found it very good and fairly accurate imo. You might find it useful.

Milk Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

Comment

sybarite [ˈsɪbəˌraɪt] n (sometimes capital)
              a devotee of luxury and the sensual vices adj luxurious; sensuous
              [from Latin Sybarīta, from Greek Subaritēs inhabitant of Sybaris]

Comment

OK - going hori - night Ficks and KTAB. Thanks for your company.

Comment

Hey Ficks that sounds about right for Tawny and the chooks, nighty night.

Comment

fickle;930656 wrote: sybarite [ˈsɪbəˌraɪt] n (sometimes capital)
                    a devotee of luxury and the sensual vices adj luxurious; sensuous
                    [from Latin Sybarīta, from Greek Subaritēs inhabitant of Sybaris]
                    yea ... I knew that ...

Comment

Ta KTab,
                      Here is another great film Balzac & the little Chinese seamstress
                      Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
                      Kid had to do an english assignment so I've seen this and read the book afterwards. Beatifully done, both, and the movie is very faithfull to the book. So the book is a bonus if you love the film

Comment

tawnyfrog;930659 wrote: yea ... I knew that ...
                        twas not yourself asking for an explanation Tawny... I was leaving it there for the morning etc.. as if I would think you would use words you do not know the meaning of!

Comment

LOL. luvya Ficks, nighty nights.

Comment

Nighters TF,
                            Hope the rain doesn't keep you awake!

Comment

fickle;930660 wrote: Ta KTab,
                              Here is another great film Balzac & the little Chinese seamstress
                              Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
                              Kid had to do an english assignment so I've seen this and read the book afterwards. Beatifully done, both, and the movie is very faithfull to the book. So the book is a bonus if you love the film
                              Thank you I will check the book out so. I try to never watch a film when it is based on a good book I havent read. Prefer to chase that down instead. I also dont watch the film after I have read it, kinda spoil the pictures in my head. See told you I was odd.

Comment

No KTabbers,
                                I've always felt the same way myself.. tried to lecture the daughter on that but in the end it was a series of stuff that had us watch the film before reading the book.. not my choice. Ohhhh sorry, now I must vent!

She had accidentally seen the film some time before being assigned it for english and then never got to read it because her eyes gave her trouble.. so we got the eyes checked.. ordered glasses & contacts.. but the glasses man passed away before he could finish her glasses so she got contacts on the very weekend that she should have read the book (tiny book but she does like to leave things to the VERY LAST MINUTE) to do the assignment! So they gave her trial contacts instead and we then spent the weekend messing about with headaches, blurry vision, watery eyes and all that crap... were told she should NOT read th book.. so decided to choose the option of watching the movie again and writing a differnt ending.. (all this between Saturday & Monday morning) whereupon we did some bizarre kind of midnight to dawn writing mentoring thing on Sunday night and got the dratted thing in on time.

Phew! (Apparently her entire University career depended upon this english assignment. I have now engaged a tutor to save my nerves but feck it costs a lot.)

Comment

Working...
                                X